Chapter 33

Harry's POV:

I felt a hand ghost over my face and I turned towards it. A whisper hung in the air and the bed moved. My eyes fluttered open and I saw the dark shadow of Draco moving towards the small bathroom. Thinking nothing of it, I closed my eyes again.

I could hear the clock on the bedside table ticking. It got louder and louder until it was ringing in my ears and I couldn't take it anymore. I jolted my eyes open and the ticking residually resounded quieter. Slowly, I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. How long was it since Draco went to the bathroom? Was I asleep for a long time?

I patted Draco's side of the bed. It was cold, meaning he hadn't come back at all. I looked over to the window with bleary eyes and crawled out of bed. My muscles stretched and joints popped. It felt good. With socked feet, I padded over to the window and stared out. The nearly full moon was half nodded by clouds.

Silver rays of dull moonlight streamed across the floor. I wrapped my arms around myself and shuffled a bit. "Harry?" I froze at the voice and then slowly turned around. "Draco?" I looked him over and he was dressed in dark jeans and a jumper. Where is he going?

Was he leaving? Was he planning to leave me? Panic rose through my as I shifted from one foot to the other. "I thought you were still sleeping. Why are you up? It's nearly 4 in the morning." Draco's voice filled with fear and resonance. Why am I up? Hah. Why are you up? "Funny about that, hm?" I commented and Draco's features tightened.

"You should go back to bed, Harry." His voice was stern and I didn't like it. At least not at a time like this. "No. I'm not going back to bed. Are you going somewhere?" I gestured a hand to his clothes and then I shivered. It's cold in here. I shuffled along to the bed and pulled the heavy blanket off it, wrapping it wound my shoulders.

"Yes... I am." I knew it. I fucking knew it. He was going to leave me. Get a head start. "And exactly where are you going?" My voice was cold, I was angry. Draco can't just leave me here. "I was going to leave before you woke up and keep travelling. I can't be near you Harry." Ouch. That hurt. Obviously he can leave me. A frown resided on my face and I turned to the window.

I could hear his boots strode across the room as he came closer. One hand wrapped around my waist and I was pulled to a broad muscular chest. "I didn't mean like that." Draco growled and I shivered from his breath on my neck.

I know you didn't mean it like that. But I can help thinking that sometimes. In all seriousness, I shook my head clear of those thoughts. Those stupid thoughts. Cautiously, I stepped away from Draco and turned to face him, again. "I can't let you leave. I won't let you leave." Draco's hand rubbed down his face and sighed.

"It doesn't work like that Harry. I have to go. I have to be as far away from you as possible in order to keep you safe." Idiot. Blithering idiot. "No Draco, you're under my protection. Don't you understand, I'm one of the most powerful wizards in the world. Nothing can hurt me." I was probably being stupid in saying that last sentence but I had to get my point across.

"Don't be daft, Harry. Of course anything can hurt you. What you don't realise, is that I have to keep you safe. And if someone is after me, then they'll go after you too." Naive, you're being naive, Draco. "What if they come after me while you're gone, huh? And then what? You can't protect me when you're gone Draco." I snapped. How can he be so pretentious?

If he's trying to protect me, why is he leaving. "But that's not just it Draco, you're leaving. Literally leaving me. You're leaving me alone. Who am I going to talk to? Who am I going to cuddle, or kiss? The only one I want is you. And I'm so used to sleeping with you in my bed, I don't know how I can do without." I was ranting, I know. But I couldn't let him do this.