Chapter 44

Draco's POV:

I was ready to face anything if it meant for a chance to see Harry! I missed him so much, even though it's only been a few days. He most likely hates me. I wouldn't doubt that.

My gaze burned into the faux wood of number four Privet Drive. Snape stood beside me, firmly gripping the back of my neck so I could run or turn him into a newt. Either was a strong possibility at the moment. I was not overly fond of Muggles.

Snape and McGonagall had suggested that I stay with Harry since my father had been arrested for murder of a family of Muggles. Rumour had it that the Ministry had an eye witness, and the case against him was airtight. I wasn't surprised, after all, my father had been growing rather careless since the Dark lord's return.

And while I had no compassion for Muggles, father's actions were just stupid. Mother was on holiday in France and I had no doubt that she wouldn't return until father was either released or locked up in Azkaban. So, I'm supposed to stay with Harry for the summer. Not that I mind in the least, just Muggles. That's all.

I clenched my jaw as Snape rang the bell. What better teacher to have brought that my own godfather, Snape. Expert as scaring Muggles. The door opened and the cold sneer I had adopted faded abruptly. The Harry who answer edit he door was not the same Harry I'd last saw that night in the astronomy tower. I, of course, had grown taller and my voice had slid smoothly down an octave in the scant three weeks that had passed, but I was still boyishly smooth skinned and thin.

Compared to me, Harry was huge.

He wore torn trousers that only came to mid-calf. The fit muscles of hit legs were partially hidden by the slightly loose tan cotton. The trousers were cinched at the waist by a length of cord. It was obvious that the trousers were borrowed from someone much fatter and shorter than Harry. The loose t-shirt he wore was obviously borrowed, however, the sleeves had been torn off. Most likely to accommodate Harry's muscularity arms. On each wrist, was a thick black bracelet band glinted with silver carvings.

Dark, dark circles underlined his eyes, but otherwise, his face was the same. His messy black hair was long and curled slightly at the nape of his neck. Harry had a summer tan which, in contrast with mine, made me look like I had winter skin. I do not have winter skin. I have milky white skin. The scar on Harry's head wasn't as vivid with the tan.

Woah! Harry looks beautiful.

"Sir," Harry greeted in a voice so low and beautiful, it was hardly recognizable. I smiled inwardly at him. "Mr. Potter." Snape's voice was stiff in greeting and I stifled a slight laugh. I wouldn't dare out loud, he still had a bloody iron grip on me.

Harry cast a dispassionate glance at me with blazing dark eyes before addressing Snape again. "May I ask the reason you've come calling?" I squirmed in Snape's grip before he gave a light shake of his hand. He finally let up with the grip and instead patted my shoulder with a hard hand.

"Who is it, boy?" A booming baritone called from behind Harry a way aways.

I watched in slow motion as Harry half-turned and snarled viciously before answering. "It's Professor Snape, from my school." I was taken aback at Harry's tone. I could tell Snape was too by the expression on his face. Never in my life had I heard Harry speak like that. Not even when I was cruel to him at school.

As I turned back to Harry, an ox with a big, bushy mustache lumbered into view, crowding Harry out of the way. "Ah, so you're from his school. Come to take Harry back, I presume?" The fat man inquired with a hopeful gleam in his eyes and I was immediately disgusted. Was this what my Harry had to put up with?