Chapter 90.

ISABELLE 

"What would you say about adopting Penelope?" 

Harry's voice came through the living room that morning, as I sat watching tv. He was stood leaning against the doorway with a coffee in his hand as I looked at him. 

I had basically been living with him and Penny for a couple of months now. I had moved most of my stuff from Peter's to here and stopped looking for my own apartment as it seemed silly when I was always here. We were basically a little family. 

"What?" I said like I hadn't heard him but we both know I did. 

"What would you say if I asked you to adopt Penelope?" Harry asked again, now walking towards the sofa and putting his coffee on the table. 

"I-" I didn't know what to say. I stumbled over my words so many times. Harry just looked at me, worried maybe even a little scared. 

"You want me to adopt Penelope?" 

"Yes, become her mum, properly." He stated. 

I looked at him in the eyes, searching for something but I wasn't quite sure what. Maybe for him to suddenly start laughing and say I'm only joking. I couldn't be a mother, could I? I mean my own mother was shit at it, what's to say I would be any good. 

"Can I think about it?" I asked in shock. 

Harry looked concerned. "Yes of course. I mean it's a big decision. I shouldn't have just sprung that on you." 

He got up, picked up his mug, and walked back out the living room towards the kitchen. Leaving me sitting and staring at the empty doorway. I felt like I couldn't move but also felt like I needed to run. 

Could I be a mother? Would I even be any good? What if we do it and he ends up regretting it? What if I regret it? What if our relationship ends, then what? 

So many what if's. So many questions and I didn't know how to feel about it all. I should be happy right? He wants us to be a proper family, even if Penelope isn't mine by blood. 

Penelope. 

What does she think about all of this? Did Harry talk to her first? Does she want this? 

Me. 

Do I want this? 

HARRY

I walked back into the kitchen a little disappointed. I thought she would be ecstatic when I asked her to adopt Penelope. I thought it was something she wanted. For us to be a proper family. However, I also didn't want to make a  big deal about it. I didn't want to pressure her, things are good right now with us. I didn't want to push her away. So of course I would give her, her space. I will let her think about it, I guess it is a big decision to make. One she shouldn't just do for the sake of Penelope and I but herself too. 

Is this something she wants?

ISABELLE

I needed to talk to someone. 

"Hey babe, I'm just going out!" I shouted as I grabbed my keys and walked towards the door. 

"Oh ok, will you be home for dinner?" Harry's voice called back. 

I turned around as I hoped the front door and saw him standing in the hallway with his heart of his sleeve. 

"Yes, I will. I love you"

"I love you too" He spoke as I shut the door and walked to jump in my car. 

I knew who I needed to talk to. The one person who would be able to tell me if I'm being stupid. To tell me if I've just messed this up.