Chapter 72.

ISABELLE

I quit the gentlemens club.

I started evening classes for art.

Harry does not know.

This all happened three months ago. A couple of days after Harry's parents dinner. Harry still assumes that I go to the gentlemen's club at night because I want it to be a surprise. I want to surprise him when I pass. The classes I'm taking means I only have to do them for a year and then I pass or fail, so I only have nine more months before I tell him, if I pass. I don't go Saturdays but I told Harry I just asked to quite Saturday nights, which he didn't even seem worried about.

"Want to go out tonight?" I asked as Harry started to get ready for work, it was Saturday but he had some work to catch up on.

"Sure, where do you want to go?" He said not looking at me but making sure he has everything.

"I don't know, there's a cute little pub down the road that's just opened."

"Sounds good to me, I'll come back at seven. Be ready and we'll leave straight away."

I nodded as he kissed my cheek and walked away.

"I love you." I spoke but he just shut the bedroom door, making me frown.

That's something else that's changed in the last three months. Harry has been acting weird since his parents dinner. He came back at one and slid into bed without waking me up. He didn't even pull me into him or whisper in my ear. I was awake but kept my eyes closed. He came home and didn't even apologise for anything his parents did, not that I would want him to but he normally does. After that night he just changed, it was like what his parents said got to him. It normally doesn't but over the years I think its starting too. I don't know if anyone else said anything to him when I left but he didn't tell me. He's kind of been ignoring me since that night.

********

It turned five when I decided to start getting ready. I decided to wear black skinny jeans, boot heels and a white shirt with my black leather jacket. I didn't want to dress up to much as we were going to a pub but it was still a date with Harry and didn't want to embarrass him anymore than I already do.

6:30PM.

That was the time I finished getting ready and I decided to sit and watch a episode of Friends.

7:00PM.

The episode had finished now and I looked at my phone to see if Harry had texted me saying he was leaving. But nothing.

7:30PM.

I had texted him but got no reply. Where was he and why didn't he call or text me?

8:00PM.

I kicked my shoes off as another episode of Friends started to play. I laid down on my side and placed my head on one of the pillows, watching the friends sit in their usual spot in the café, talking.

9:30PM.

I still had no reply and my eyes started to drop, finally closing as I let sleep take over.

*******

I heard the front door slam shut. I heard footsteps. I didn't open my eyes, to tired emotionally and physically. The footsteps came closer to where I was, asleep on the sofa. I knew it was Harry because I could smell him, as weird as that sounds I just knew him. I was waiting for him to wake me up, he normally does. Wake me up, apologise, go to bed together. But none of that happened. The felt him walk away and then come back, a soft material laid down on top of me, a blanket. He made sure it covered me all up before kissing my forehead and walking off.