Chapter 50.

HARRY

"Isabelle, please." I spoke softly as more tears fell down her face. "Please, babe. What happened?"

I moved closer and pulled her basically on top of my lap. Her legs hung over mine as her bum was sat next to my thigh. One hand was on her back and stroking soft circles, hoping to calm her down. Her head laid on my shoulder as our other hand was still entwined on her lap.

"Please, Belle." I whispered, kissing the side of her head.

Her breathing seemed to calm down after a moment. She sniffled a little before raising her head to look at me but stayed in the same position.

"They died." She choked, coughing slightly as she looked me in the eyes, telling me something I knew which had broken her. "It was around midnight and I woke up. I was on my period and all I wanted was ice cream to calm my pains but we didn't have any. Judy and Brian woke up after hearing me in the kitchen and came down to see what was going on. I was a little brat of a teenager and wouldn't stop moaning and crying about wanting so damn ice cream. As the others were still asleep, Brian and Judy being the nicest people I have ever met, said we could go out and get ice cream at this ice cream shop that use to be open twenty-four hours. So off we went in the car down the road at past midnight." More tears spilled out of her eyes and I slowly kissed her lips lightly, trying to keep her calm. She kissed me back for a second before we pulled away, looking at each other with so much emotion in each of our eyes. I nodded, letting her know I was here. "We were nearly there when a drunk driver came out of nowhere. He was driving on the wrong side of the road and didn't even swerve when he saw lights coming towards him. He just continued towards us. Brian tried to swerve but didn't make it in time, he hit the car head on. The impact was so much it sent Judy out of the front window and Brian hit the steering wheel with so much force." She sobbed out loud, more tears spilling as I squeezed her hand. "Brian couldn't swerve in time because he was turned round talking to me, telling me we would be there soon. I was such a brat I didn't stop moaning. If he wasn't telling me to shut up he would have seen the car sooner and swerved. We could've got out the way. Him and Judy would've been alive right now. It was all my fault. If I hadn't woken up wanting ice cream we wouldn't have left. If I weren't moaning on the drive there they wouldn't have hit that car. They would be alive."

I was speechless as Isabelle cried into my chest. I didn't know how much she was holding in. I didn't know she had so much hurt within her. I didn't know she blamed herself for everything that ever happened to her. Seeing this strong women break down in front of me, made me want to cry myself. She's always so strong and smiling that I didn't even know she went through something has horrible as this.

"Did you get hurt?" I asked, wondering what happened to her when the accident happened.

She slowly lifted her head, looking at me before nodding. She slowly raised the top she was wearing, showing me the side of her chest where her bra strap goes round the back.

"I was sat in the middle seat in the back of the car. When the front window smashed I put my arms up to block my face and twisted my body a little but a piece of glass went into my side." She explained.

I traced the scar that went from mid rip to the top of her bra strap. It must've been about six inches long, maybe even longer but you could tell it was deep as the scar remained after all these years. I moved my head down kissing the middle of the scar lightly before looking back at Isabelle. Seeing admiration in her eyes.

"You're so strong, you know that right." I muttered as she pulled her top back down.

She shook her head. "I'm not."

I cupped her face making her look in my eyes. "Yes. Yes, you are." I said firmly, whether or not she believed me, I don't know but she didn't argue anymore.