Chapter 39.

HARRY

I woke up to an empty bed for the first time in a while. The side of the bed that Isabelle was once covering was now empty. My eyebrows frowned together, confused to why for the first time since I've been sleeping with Isabelle, she was the one to wake up before me. I leaned up on my elbows and listened to the quietness of the apartment. I couldn't hear one little sound, making me wonder where Isabelle is. I slowly got out of her bed, grabbing my joggers that I had left in her room a couple of days ago.

I walked out her bedroom, walking down the hall to the living room. I looked around and noticed Isabelle sitting on the sofa. The TV was off making it obvious why there was no sound when I had listened earlier. She sat with her knees up to her chest with a cup of tea in her hands. She was still wearing her baggy jumper but now with a pair of joga pants, that she knew I loved looking at her in.

"Hey." I spoke up as I walked more into the room, making myself known.

She looked up at me before looking back at the blank TV, making me sigh out loud.

"What have I done?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe just that you said we could finally have a dinner together has I didn't have to work but of course you missed that. I don't even know why I bothered." She spat out at me as she got up and walked into the kitchen, me following her like a lost puppy.

She walked to the sink and dropped the mug into it. The loud sound seemed to echo through the deadly quiet flat.

"Look, I didn't mean to-"

"No one ever does." She interrupted.

"Just listen to me." I spoke more harshly than I intended but when she didn't talk again I took that as my queue to continue. "I didn't mean to come back late. I did want to have that dinner with you and I'm sorry you did all this work and I didn't even taste it which I bet it tasted so good. Anyway, the reason I was late was because my mother came to the office and interrupted my working meaning I didn't get anything done which meant I had to work late to catch up. God, I'm so sorry." I finished.

Yes I may have lied about my mother being the whole excuse when really it was because I couldn't actually focus but she didn't need to know that, that was the reason. Especially because what I was thinking about was love and after hearing what she had to say about love last night made me not want to bring it up anymore.

"It's fine. Maybe next time." She gave me a tight smile and even though she said its fine I knew deep down it meant something to her. I knew I couldn't fix this right now and right now I don't know if I want to. But she was pushing the feelings of what this meant to her down and for now, I was ok with that. Just like how I am ok with her thinking love is stupid and overrated.

"Yea, did you want me to cook breakfast?" I asked but this seemed to make her frown a bit more.

"Don't you have work to get to? I mean it is Friday?"

"What's the time?"

"Half past 10"

Shit, I over slept."

"Shit." I muttered making her nod.

"I'll see you later then?" She spoke and I nodded as I ran back to her bedroom to get dressed into the clothes I had left here.

By the time I was done and back in the kitchen, Isabelle had not left the space she was in when I left to get changed. She was leaning her back against the sink, hands gripping the edge of the counter as she frowned at the ground. A frown covered my face as I watched her. I was ready to leave. Bag on my shoulder and shoes on my feet.

I went to open my mouth to speak but Isabelle beat me to it. "Why did you ask me about love last night?"

Shit, she remembered. I only asked her thinking she was drunk and wouldn't remember it in the morning. I didn't want to have this conversation with her, especially now I know what she thinks of love. I didn't want to have this conversation sober. Fuck, what am I going to do.

"Errr..."

"Thought I was too drunk to remember?"

"Maybe."

"Well, I wasn't. I remember what I said as well."

"I don't know why I asked you. To be honest one of the reasons why I did was because I thought you were drunk." She stayed quiet, looking at me with a blank expression. Why was this so hard to talk about with her. Why did I think everything I will say about love she will knock me down. "I had been thinking about it all day after my mother visited me."

"Why?"

"I don't know. The things she said to me made me think about how her and my father never gave me love when I was younger, let alone now." I spoke, looking down at the ground with a frown on my face.

"You deserved love as a child. You deserve it now, Harry. Don't think otherwise." Her hand grabbed my chin, making me tilt my head back up to look at her in the eyes. "I'm sorry I cant give you that."

"Who says you cant?"

"Me."

"Why though?"

"Because I don't believe in love. I hate the idea of it, let alone fall in love myself. I cant do it, so I cant give it to you." She said with such sadness in her eyes.

"I have work to get to."

Her hand dropped from my face as I gave her one last look before walking away. Just as I was about to shut the door I swear I heard Isabelle whisper the words, "I'm sorry."

ISABELLE

I hated watching him walk away. I hated it and I don't know why. I've had so many people walk away from me so why did this one hurt in my chest. I hated saying them words to him but it was true. I couldn't love. I didn't know how. Harr deserved love when he was little and he deserves it now but I am not that person to give it to him. I just couldn't let myself do it. Love was overrated.

______________________________________________________-

WOOOOO ANOTHER CHAPTER!! THIS HALF TERM HAS BEEN SO BORING NGL! ANYWAY I HOPE YOU LIKE AND PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT AND WHAT YOU WANT TO HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE OF THIS BOOK??

LOVE YOU ALL

35 VOTES AND 20 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER!!

VOTE

AND

COMMENT