»21«

»21«

{listen to this song while reading, if you want. > wasting all these tears on you - cassadee pope < even if you don't like country, listen to the lyrics.}

Thankfully, Ashton woke up a few hours after passing out in the middle of the dressing room. Surely he remembered exactly what happened, and the ironic part was, Luke was nowhere around him. He was beginning to grow worried.

"Where's Luke?" he asks Michael frantically. He sits up from his spot on the couch quickly, giving himself a small amount of dizziness from the contrast of lying down to sitting up. Mikey doesn't answer him, which makes him a little upset, considering he was there when Luke mentioned who'd called him.

He rolled his head back, a loud sigh escaping his chapped lips. "He had to..uh, get some air." Michael mumbles uncomfortably. He tugs at his flannel buttons, feeling the tension growing in the room. Calum wraps him in a loving hug. That's what he wanted to do with Luke right now, but he was busy chatting with that bitch of an ex. Ashton didn't even know her and he hated her already.

Ignoring Mikey and Cal's pleas to stay, Ashton got up from the leather couch and bolted out of the dressing room. His feet carried him towards the emergency exit where just outside the bus was parked. And as if it was one of those cliché movies or books, the tour bus' lights were on inside, Ashton just had to have a look. He promised himself that he wouldn't get too hopeful for anything.

Silently, the brunette opened the tourbus door. His eyes perked up at the sound of a girl's giggle, he knew straight away that it surely wasn't Luke. "Luke, stop!"

Ashton didn't care if he seemed like a girl, or if he felt helpless, but his chest began to heave and his heart began to break into tiny pieces. He couldn't believe Luke actually met her at the tourbus. He felt his world crumble.

Silent tears ran down his flushed cheeks as he quietly exited the bus, pressing his back against the door. More tears filled his eyes. Ashton covered his mouth with his hand, biting back sobs that threatened his lips.

"Dammit," he mumbled lowly under his breath, running his palms over his red and puffy eyes, inhaling shakily. "God, please, why'd you do this to me? I was finally happy. You had to tear my happiness apart, didn't you?" Ashton laughed bitterly to no one. His hand ransacked his pocket for one of his pills, smiling wickedly when he'd found one and swallowed it dry.

He liked it better when he had no feelings. Maybe it's time to try that again.

-

{this is short, yes, but it gives a little insight. anyways, you guys are so amazing! 1.2k reads, literally, you blow my freaking mind! I love you guys. *insert large hug here*

moral of the chapter; since Ashton has not been on his pill, his emotions are hitting him harder than they normally would. therefore he feels more heartache, more drowsiness, etc.

-Stella }