»16«

»16«

The car ride back from the laser arena was anything but loud. Pure silence filled the car while Ashton drove. Usually Michael would have Luke in a headlock and Calum would be half-naked for a Keek.

Ashton felt a tightness in his lower abdomen. He pulled to the side of the small road, almost ripping his seatbelt as he turned around to face the three silent boys.

"Why're you so quiet?" He finally asks, his tone quiet. Ash fixed the red bandana around his head, his hazel eyes concentrated on a purely confused Luke.

Michael just shrugged. "M'just tired. Cal hit me with the gun so I took some pain killers from your backpack."

Hazel eyes blew wide. "You did what?! Michael!" He frantically began to panic, his hands ghosted through his pockets to find an empty baggy. That's where his pills were.

"Fuck! Now I'm short some. Dammit Michael, they're not pain killers." His hand ran through his messy curls while releasing a sigh. Michael just shot him a what-the-hell expression. So did the other two.

He didn't want to explain it all to them. Yet, he knew he'd have to.

"Guys, I'm not emotionless," Ashton says softly, placing his large feet on the dashboard. The three in the back look at him with puzzled expressions as they intently listened.

"When I was fifteen I witnessed my father being killed by my mother, it sort of blocked me from feeling any love towards my mother. I eventually realised the people you idolise can harm you. I didn't bother with an explanation before I ran to the ER and got checked out a few days later.

"Every scenario he brought up would make me cry, laugh, be filled with anger, you know. Anyway, Doctor Martin gave me a prescription, he said it would help control my emotions better so that I wouldn't cry in the blink of an eye.

"I took one every morning and eventually my feelings just vanished. I had to fake them. My mother had no idea of my medication, no one did. Soon enough, not too long ago, maybe a week, I started forgetting, resulting in my feelings returning.

"And now that I'm short five pills, I will actually be normal." Ashton sighs loudly. A hand perches itself on his shoulder and he looks over, Luke smiling at him.

"Look," he says, pointing at Calum and Michael who had begun to forcefully push their lips together hungrily. With a shriek, Ashton darts from the vehicle with Luke following behind.

"Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"Kiss me again. And never stop."

-

{unedited and sloppy. sorry :-( I love you guys so much! And BTW I always follow back, and feel free to share your stories here! I'll read them as well.

moral of the chapter; is everything taking a toll for the better, or worse?

- Stella 💕 }