»29«

»29«

Meanwhile, Michael and Calum were hunched over Ashton's hospital bed. They didn't know exactly what happened but that didn't stop them from bawling in front of the doctor. Apparently - well, what the doctor said, they have to wait on Ashton's telling of the story later on - Ashton got really drunk, maybe even took some pills, and he got hit upside the head. Repeatedly.

That broke Mikey's heart in two. Luke was on his way to the hospital, Cal was asleep in Michael's lap. The boy ruffled his bright green hair and sighed loudly. When did he ever think his best friend would be in the hospital again, within a few days from each other? Never.

They weren't even massively famous, yet they were still getting messages about fans waiting outside the hospital. It was kind of hard for Luke to walk inside without some girls trying to stop and beg for his autograph. He'd politely decline and run inside. He had to see Ashton.

"Hi cutie, what do you need?" an older nurse smiled up at Luke, he was at least a food taller than she was, as she held her clipboard close.

He sighed. "I'm looking for an Ashton Irwin, he's my best friend, I need to see him."

"Oh, alright, I remember where he is." the lady politely smiled while leading Luke down a hall of doctors and rushing nurses.

She stopped in front of 65B, which he was guessing was where Ashton and his other two friends were. Sure enough he could see Mikey's weird green hair through the small crack in the door.

Luke quickly thanked the nurse and shuffled inside, baffled by how pale Ashton looked. He was usually this tan, golden sex god, and now he's as pale as Edward Cullen.

Michael was asleep, hunched over Calum, who was laying over Mikey's lap. He didn't want to disturb them - since that's probably the most sleep they've had in a while - so he quietly scooted a chair towards the other side of Ash's hospital bed.

Luke's hands enveloped Ashton's cold right hand, wincing at how fragile he felt. {a/n; BOOK TITLE. wink wink.}

He didn't have much time with the brunette before the doctor silently waltzed in. Mikey woke up, lazily wiping the sleep from his eyes. He looked ecstatic to see the old doctor.

"Hello friends of Ashton. I'm Doctor Belliard, you can just call me DB if you'd like," he takes a seat beside Luke, pulling his clipboard out. "I guess you want to know what's put Ashton into a coma, yeah?"

"He was obviously drinking heavily. His excessive vodka-binging had disrupted the neuron functioning in his brain.

"Also, from the rough beating he'd taken, his brain began to swell and push against the skull which pushed down onto the brain stem, which could possibly have damaged his RAS--the part of your brain responsible for arousal and awareness."

{a/n; to get more information on comas and how they occur, here's the link; http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/coma-types-causes-treatments-prognosis }

"When will he wake up?" Mikey's tone was hushed, quite because of respect and because of Calum sleeping on him.

DB sighed. "As of right now, he won't. His body is refusing the treatments. I'm sorry."

-----

{ONE MORE CHAPTER WOWIE. and holy shit, 4.5k? I love you! I'm changing things, though. I'll post chapter thirty at 5k, and an epilogue at 6k. deal? deal.

moral of the chapter; happy endings are overrated.

- Stella }