»9«

»9«

The boys haven't really been on a talking basis much since Ashton stormed out of the interview. Luke thought it was all his fault, that he'd said something wrong and offended him somehow. The other two were just confused and debated whether to bring it up again.

Ashton didn't know what time it was when he woke up, the sound of a soft cry entering his ears as soon as his eyesight grew less blurred when he placed his glasses on. He could hear the faint noise from the bunk above him, immediately knowing that it was Luke who was crying.

Debating upon himself, Ashton climbed out his warm bunk and pulled Luke's curtain back slightly. "Lukey.." He mumbled, turning away slightly at the sight of his best friend with tears running down his pale cheeks. The blonde sniffled and wiped his tears on the back of his sleeve.

"S-sorry for waking you up," Luke mumbled through small hiccups. Ashton felt that small burning in his chest again, his thoughts fixated on drying Luke's tears. His thumbs swiped under the younger's baby blue eyes, the tears melting into the pads of his thumbs.

Luke melted into the boy's touch. He shouldn't of, though, because the burning sensation in Ashton's chest arose again and he could feel it tightening. He only offered Luke a smile.

"You're fine," the brunette's voice was barely a whisper. His hands were still cupping Luke's cheeks, hazel eyes scanning over his jawline and the curve of his lips. Internally, Ashton was yelling at himself to just go back to bed but he couldn't.

"D'you wanna cuddle?" Luke scooted over in the small bunk to make room for Ashton. The brunette shrugged and climbed up, squishing himself next to Luke, having the blonde lying somewhat on him to make room for the both of them.

"You're warm," he mutters, fingers trailing along Ashton's lower abdomen, around his belly button. The boy's fingers were dangerously cold and sent goosebumps along the older's tan skin.

"Why were you crying?" Although he didn't want to admit it, he - unemotionally - loved comforting Luke. Usually he'd go to Calum but he's been a dick lately along with Michael.

"I met this girl at a concert a while back, I asked her out and all, she said yes. I told her that I loved her and she blew up at me, telling me that I was only lying to her and said that I liked someone else," the blonde tiredly mumbled into Ash's skin.

"That's so dumb. Why would she think you like someone else?"

"Because I told her that. She deserved to know, so now she and I aren't together."

Luke titled his head up to get a look at Ashton. He had slight stubble lining his sharp jaw, hazel eyes that could captivate you in a second, dark brown hair that you could just run your hands through, and a body to practically kill anyone.

Before Luke could realise what he was doing, he was closing his eyes and leaning more towards Ash's lips with his own.

-

{ thank you so much for almost 250 reads! Last night I had 180! Wow! Thank you all so much! :-)

moral of the chapter; Luke sometimes acts on impact and doesn't really think his actions through.

- Stella 💕 }