»11«

»11«

It was the morning after the almost-kiss and both of the boys were completely nervous, both rubbing their sweaty palms against their skinny jeans. Ashton had his drum recording for some of the new album today so he couldn't really have sweaty hands or else he'd drop the drumsticks.

Luke didn't have anything today, Calum and Michael neither. Although the two dark haired boys had made plans for just them while the four sat at the table for a bowl of cereal. The blonde was silent, barely even eating his cocoa puffs while the other three were basically eating like dogs.

Cal and Mikey were quick and eager to leave for their "fun day" around the city. The tour was currently somewhere in Maryland, ironically the state where Mike's favourite band, All Time Low, was from.

Ash shovelled his cereal and tossed the glass bowl in the sink. He twirled his drumsticks between his fingers, shoving them in the pocket of his skinny jeans as he typed quickly on his phone. Quietly, Luke dumped out the rest of his cocoa puffs.

"Luke, you're gonna be here all by yourself," Ashton's face fell slightly as Luke just shrugged simply. He didn't like when Luke was sad, it gave him that burning feeling until he left the room or looked away from him.

The blonde slumped in the kitchen chair, playing with his Bring Me The Horizon bracelet. "Yeah, oh well. You've got to record your drums, good luck." Luke flashed him a quick - fake - smile before heading towards the bunks.

Ashton stuck out his arm go stop him, the younger looking up at him questionably. "Come with me, you love hearing me play. C'mon Lukey." The brunette stuck his bottom lip out in a pout and Luke had to look away from his kissable lips. He didn't understand why Ashton kept looking so desirable.

"Fine." He sighed heavily. He slipped his black-on-black Vans, trailing after the brunette who was fastening a red bandana on his head as he exited the bus and into the warm Baltimore air. Luke mumbled about the sun, stuffing his hands in his jet black hoodie's pockets.

-

Drumming quickly turned into a visit to the record shoppe on the way back to the bus. Michael and Calum still weren't back yet, Ashton figured he'd might as well buy Luke a cd or two for sitting through three hours of drumming.

"No, I'll buy them myself," Luke kept pushing Ashton away playfully while he scanned the Vampire Weekend cd's. A Greenday one quickly caught his eye.

He sighed at the price, finding his way back towards the Paramore ones. With a smile on his dimpled face, Ashton crept over to the Greenday rack, snatching the album and paying the twenty-five dollars before Luke could catch him.

The burning returned at the thought of Ashton giving the cd to the bubbly blonde. The blonde who was giggling at a little girl trying on the big headphones, the boy who was tripping over his own large-ass feet while he stuck his tongue out at the same girl running around him.

Why was he feeling a sense of...contentment?

-

{ wowie, lots of burning in the chest. xD anyway, thank you for over 400 reads! that's incredible! thank you very very much!

moral of the chapter; Ashton's seeing a side of Luke that he rarely shows and he likes it, maybe too much.

- Stella 💕 }