»6«

»6«

When the two boys returned to the bus from the recording studio, no one would dare utter a word. Calum had seen the video that Michael had posted to their band's Keek. Ashton had just simply ignored Cal's pleas to watch it. Two out of four had no idea why silence consumed them.

"Uhm," Luke speaks up, coughing into his fist slightly. "So how was your guys' day?" Calum snapped his head up towards the blonde with a poker-faced expression and Ashton just shrugged simply in reply.

"We just watched movies and played FIFA." The darker haired one replied. There was a slight uneasiness to his tone that Michael found hilarious, Luke found it odd.

"I think the vocals are coming along pretty well for the new single," Mikey mumbled with a loopy smile. He turned to Luke, "don't you think so?" The blonde nodded as a response.

Three of the boys, minus Luke, all yawned and muttered things about lying down for an afternoon nap. They all huddled into their bunks, Luke remaining in the small living room on the love seat by himself.

His phone buzzed on the table beside him. He had left it here all day so he didn't know if he had any missed calls or missed text messages. Clicking the home button, Twitter notifications filled his lock screen with people mentioning him and direct messaging him.

Their were plenty of tweets concerning a Keek the band account had posted not too long ago. He followed the Twitter links to the Keek, frowning as he realised it was from when they were in the studio.

Luke's eyebrows furrowed as he watched the video Michael had taken. He was in the middle of singing his vocals in the chorus of She Looks So Perfect, his chest caught fire when he heard himself sing the word "he" instead of "she". Is that what Mikey found so hilarious?

Sighing, he turned his phone off and slumped onto the small couch like he usually did when he was alone. He absentmindedly played with the thick bracelets lining his wrists while he hummed a Blink 182 song to himself.

Ashton stood at the end of the hall, his body hidden by a clump of dark drapes that were used to separate the bunks from the small living area. His lips formed a frown although it didn't match his feelings. Or, rather, lack of.

He just watched as Luke slowly tried to sing himself to sleep. Not thinking, he started singing along to Luke's mumbling rendition of I Miss You. Blue eyes met hazel very quickly.

-

{ I know this is dumb and small. but thank you for 100 reads. ily guys.

can I get maybe 5 reads for the next chapter? <3

moral of the chapter; Ashton is trying to get into what he can with the boys. Even if he seems weird, he wants to try and do what the others do and feel.

- Stella :-) }