»20«

»20«

Within the next few days, the four boys had barely spoken anything among each other. They were too wrapped up in another band member to even remember when their own interviews and shows were. Paul, one of One Direction's body guards, had to remind them by stomping into their tour bus fifteen minutes before their concerts or radio shows.

Luke and Ashton - the fans called them "Lashton" - wouldn't usually talk, they'd just cuddle and smile lovingly at each other. That's all they really seemed to do these days. The fans were growing worried at how they wouldn't tweet as much, or how they hadn't been out to sign things nowadays.

Michael and Calum - the fans calling them "Malum" - would stay in Mikey's bunk and listen to music for the majority of the day. Sometimes it was those sappy love songs, other times it was those songs that would make you feel a rush of adrenaline.

They just stayed out of the other couples' way. It was one of those evenings when they weren't paying attention to their ringing phones, the blonde and brunette rubbing their noses together cutely while the pink haired boy and the tan boy were in the shower cubicle.

Paul, as mentioned earlier, rapped on the door angrily. The four were due onstage in less than ten minutes. Nobody moved at the loud sound. Growing angrier, Paul kicked the tour bus door open, scaring the life out of Luke and Ashton. (Maybe even a startled scream from Calum in the shower, but whatever.)

He threw his hands up, exasperated. "You guys are on in less than ten minutes! Why haven't you been answering your phones?" Paul sees Ash's iPhone lying on the table and rolls his eyes, tossing it at him to get the boy's attention.

"Sorry, I guess we haven't been paying attention to the time." Luke speaks up. He didn't Paul mad at just Ashton, which he had every right to be. Ashton was the oldest of the four of them, - but definitely the least mature - and he was entitled to watch over them. Especially since Luke had a few more months until he was even eighteen.

Paul sighed loudly, taking a seat on the small chair beside the couch. "Hurry up, then. Where's Mikey and Cal?" As if on queue, the two lover-boys stepped from the shower, steamy with towels covering their lower halves. Calum shrieked at the sight of Paul.

Luke and Ash bit back their laughter. "Hurry up, sexual rascals. We're on stage in less than several minutes." The brunette mumbles, pulling him and Luke up from the couch and towards the front door of the tour bus, which now had a large foot-sized dent in it.

After a few giggles, a g-string flown to the front of the bus, and a loud moan from Michael, they were all exiting the bus and running towards the arena.

"That was bloody excellent!" Ash exclaims, tossing his drumsticks towards the other side of the dressing room as he plopped himself onto the small couch. He was sweaty and gross, just like the other boys and he kind of regretted wearing a muscle tee. Luke was going to say something about his arms.

Pushing his thoughts away, Ashton smiled brightly - and not fake, this time - at the blonde walking towards him. The song I Miss You by Blink 182 began blaring from the small coffee table in front of them. Luke smiled embarrassingly, answering the phone quickly.

His face contorted into pain, a little of sadness wedged in there. Ashton was thinking of any possible person he could be talking to that could make him feel upset. He came up with nothing.

"Baby," the older one muttered after Luke hung up, looking at the flushed-faced boy. "who was on the phone?"

He let out a shaky sigh and turned towards a concerned looking Ashton.

"It was Ellie, the girl I had dated and told that I loved someone else, she just called,"

"And?"

"She's waiting for me back at the tourbus."

and that's when Ashton's world went blank.

-

{ so, hello. it's been a while. sorry for the slow and shitty updates. I'm officially on summer-break, as of Friday, but I've been a little busy since then. forgive me! I'll update later tonight too, maybe, if this gets four votes? love you!

moral of the chapter; sometimes the feeling of love can captivate you, make you feel so detached from the world that all you care about is them. and other times, it's all one big lie.

- Stella }