O N E

• B A B Y S I T T E R

• B A B Y S I T T E R .1 •

Dowoon heard the phone ring from the living room and ran out of the nursery to go get the phone.

"Hello?"

"Is this Yoon Dowoon?"

"Yes..Who is this?"

"This is Seoul Hospital, I'm Doctor Jun."

"Ah what's the problem?"

"Your wife, Yoon Eunmi.."

"What happened to her?! Is she hurt?"

"She got into a serious car accident." And with that Dowoon hung up. He ran over into the nursery, got the baby dressed, slid on his shoes and left the house in a hurry. He put Eunwoon in his car seat and headed into the drivers seat as quick as he could. He pulled out of his driveway and sped off. As Eunwoon cried in the back, from being disturbed from his nap, all Dowoon could think in his mind was his wife. Was she going to be ok?

"I hope she is ok" he thought as the hospital soon came in view. He arrived and parked the car, Got Eunwoon out and ran into the hospital. He went up to the front desk and asked for the room number.

"Are you Yoon Dowoon? Yoon Eunmi's husband?"

"Yes! I need the room number that she's in"

"113. It's down the hall." Dowoon quickly thanked the lady and headed off to the room. When he arrived, three doctors were huddled around the door.

"Excuse me, Is Yoon Eunmi in there?" The doctors turned around and looked at him with a worried look plastered on their faces.

"Yes. Are you family?"

"I'm her husband" the doctors turned around and conversed amongst themselves for a few seconds and they turned around to look at Dowoon and an confused Eunwoon in his hands.

"You May see her..." Carefully, Dowoon entered the room and saw his wife on the hospital bad. She looked pale. He approached her and carefully held her hand. She slowly opened her eyes and weakly smiled.

"Dowoonie"

"Eunmi sweetheart. You'll be ok. Right?"

"Dowoon. Take care of Eunwoon"

"Eunmi, you not going to die. We-We'll—"

"Dowoonie. Take care of Eunwoon, for the both of us. Eunwoonie, behave for your appa. Be a good boy! Eomma loves you so much!"

"Eunmi.."

"Eunwoon-ah, you look just like your appa. So charming!"

"Eunmi..you can't go.."

"Dowoon honey, I love you so much. Even though I'm not there, I'll always be with you in your heart ok? Take care of Eunwoon Alright? Don't be sad. I hope you don't stay stuck on me for years Dowoonie. I want you to move on and find someone who loves you and Eunwoon just as much as I do. Maybe even more."

"Eunmi...I won't be able to move on. I'll miss you too much. Please Eunmi"

"Don't be sad Dowoon. Shower Eunwoon with enough love for the both of us for now. When I'm gone, I don't want you to still be stuck on me. Find someone Dowoon. There's good out there. There's others capable of loving you, the way I do."

"But I just want you.."

"You'll be alright Dowoon. Take care of yourself and stay healthy! Eunwoon, I love you nae dalkomhan agi!" She weakly reaches out her hand and caressed the baby's cheek and smiled. Eunwoon's eyes lit up and smiled back at his dying mother.

"You May be very young Eunwoon ah, but remember, I'll always be with you nae sarang. You'll grow up to be a handsome and intelligent boy. You'll do wonderful things!"

"And you Dowoon." Dowoon looked at her, his eyes filled with tears.

"Your going to be the best father a son could ever ask for, and an even better husband. I love you" The EKG machine gave off a sound and on the screen, it showed, her pulse was no longer there.

"Eunmi! Eunmi Ah!" Dowoon got up and exited the room and the doctors were outside.

"Doctor Her—"

"Dowoon. We can't save her. The charts have been printed. We can't do anything about it. She's gone.."

"What joke is this?! You weren't even—"

"Son, Your very young. Please, don't stress. It'll affect your child as well if it goes on. I'm sorry for you loss, I truly am." The doctor gave him a look of sympathy and sadness and went in with the doctors and nurses into the room. Dowoon looked down at Eunwoon to see him crying.

"Don't worry baby boy, I'll take care of you. Appa is here"