I Can Explain (1/2) [Requested]

A/N: @faith133, here's your request. I hope you enjoy it! 🤓
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eric's P.O.V.:
I get to the diner with five minutes to spare. Everyday, around 2 pm, the most gorgeous girl in all Louisiana walks through those doors. (Y/N) (Y/L/N).

(Y/N) came to Shreveport a couple of months ago. People call her the freak because she talks to herself most of the time.

But I don't think she's crazy. There's something different about her, she doesn't have the scent of a human or any other creature for that matter.

Ever since she walked through those doors for the first time, and I caught a whiff of lavender. She wore a dark blue dress with casual waves on the bottom. Her (Y/H/C) hair lays perfectly passed her shoulders as her (Y/E/C) twinkles beautifully in the diner's dim lightly. Her small smile that tugs on her lips as Sookie approaches her.

(Y/N) probably felt my gaze on her because her eyes met mine instantly. I smile at her and she returns the gesture. She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear in attempt to hide her embarrassment.

She fiddles the beads on her bracelet as her face grew hotter and hotter. She begins to fan herself as Sookie continues talking.

A small smirk appears on my lips as the memory fades away. I check my watch and notice that she will walk in at any minute.

I start counting down in my head.

Ten.
Nine.
Eight.
Seven.
Six.
Five.
Four.
Three.
Two.

Ding!

The bell at the top of the door jingles as (Y/N) walks through the door. A breath hitches in my throat as I see her. She wears a army patterned jeggings, a black sports jersey complimented by her white undershirt and black flats. To bring her casual look together, she is wear those black, nonprescription glasses.

 To bring her casual look together, she is wear those black, nonprescription glasses

"Whoah." I say to myself.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Sookie greets as she reaches for a menu.

"What do you like today?" She asks.

"Um, the usual." (Y/N) states.

"Coming right up! Follow me please." Sookie directs.

I pretend to look at my phone as they approach my table. Once they get close enough I look up to meet her gaze. She quickly looks away before I could say hi.

One of the obstacles of having a major crush on her, is her timidness. She has spoke one word to me since she's been here. All we've been doing is exchanging stolen glances and occasional smiles.

I decided that I want more, and that's exactly what I am going to do. I inhale through my nose as I close my eyes. I get up from my table and make my way to her. She has her hands folded on the table in front of her and bows her head as she speaks to herself.

"Why don't you just leave me alone? Leave me alone, damn it." She says to herself.

I take a few seconds to admire her open close and personal. Small strands of her (Y/H/C) hair fall into her perfect little face. I snap out of my gaze and clear my throat.

Her mumbles comes to a halt, as well as her nervous shaking of her leg. She looks up from her lap and her (Y/E/C) narrows as they meet my light blue eyes.

"Hi," I say with my charming smile.

Sweat begins to fabricate on the inside of my hands, so I rub them on my jeans.

"Uh... h-hi." She says.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" I ask.

"No, I don't mind at all." She states.

Once I sit down in front of her, she presses her lips together. She chuckles nervously before she holds my gaze.

"I'm sorry, that I am acting so weird.I-I'm just not used to be around someone as not as you are. Oh my god, I just called the only guy that talked to me ever since I got here, hot. Great job, (Y/N)." She says.

I chuckle at her adorable stutter, which only makes her blush even more.

"Well, that's one way to start a conversation." I tease.

She chuckles slightly, which gives me hope that I am doing something right.

"My name is Eric Northman, and I've noticed you ever since you walked through those doors for the first time. But today is the day that I actually man up and talk to you, which is something that a guy doesn't normally tell a girl that he likes. I don't usually act like this either, normally I'm charming when I flirt. But right now, I feel embarrassed." I admit.

She looks at me for a minute before saying:

"Well, if it makes you feel any better. I never was a good flirter; I'm serious, my flirting is cringe worthy. If you looked in a dictionary and looked up the word 'cringe', I will literally be the definition."

I burst out laughing and she soon follows.

"I'm.. I'm sorry, but that was funny." I say as I wipe away a tear that escapes my eye.

"You're a funny individual; you don't have to be the best flirter. Your humor can make up for that. See, you're not a 'cringe worthy flirter'. I think you are beautiful, and I think that you are better at a lot of things that what you peck yourself to be." I compliment.

"You think so?" She asks.

"I know so." I reassure.

I reach out and gently take her hand in mine.

"What would you say if I invited you to dinner?" I ask.

"I would..say yes." She states.

We gaze into each other's eyes and stay silent until I say:

"It's a date then?"

"It's a date." She says with a small smile tugging on her perfect, dark pink lips.