You Don't Know Who I Really Am (2/3)

It's not so much my stuttering that's the problem... It's something that no one in this town knows about me.

I am a part of a Czech Protection Clan called the Ochránci Lidstva and my real name is Y/N (Y/L/N). The Ochránci Lidstva is an organization that was assembled long ago to keep the numbers of the supernatural to a minimum.

The initiation is the worst part, especially when they tattoo three intertwined swords on the inside of our forearms.

Legends has it, that the more supernatural being we kill the faster our tattoos grow. When the tattoo reaches our whole body, there is a ritual where we become immortal.

There were initially hundred of us, but then the werewolves, vampires, witches and shifters started the increase by the numbers. Then they started pick us off, one by one.

One night there was an ambush in our main warehouse, they massacred more than ninety-five percent of us, including our families and loved ones... Since then, the remaining eight of us looked to me for leadership.

I directed them to find a place, change their names and try to blend in as best as they can. I recommended to have a witch have a cloaking spell on the tattoo so no supernatural being can know what we are.

We should stay that way until it is safe enough to resurface. Though it's been five years, it's still not safe enough for us. When things go south, they know where to find me, but I made them swear to never tell me or each other their location. That way, they all will be safe.

I feel guilty not telling Jason about who I really am. But the less he knows, the safer he will be.

I snap out of my gaze and head to the kitchen to pop the popcorn.

**

I finish getting ready by pressing my dark red lipstick against my lips. The lipstick compliments my dress casual ensemble of a black skater dress, golden flats and spandex shorts underneath my dress.

My hair is up in a half up/ half down do. I apply minimal mascara, foundation and eye liner to top the look. I spray perfume along my inner thighs and my shoulders before I walk out of my room.

"Are you rea...." Jason trails off as he looks at me.

His eyes slowly rake my body as his mouth gapes open slightly.

"Oh Lord Almighty." He states.

"Are you ready?" I ask.

His gaze lands on my thighs as he says:

"Never been more ready for anything in my entire life."

"I meant ready to leave, you pervert." I say as I slap his arm.

I walk to his truck and he drives me to Sookie's house.

I release a slow breath as I stand on Sookie's porch. Jason notices my nervousness and holds my hand in his.

"You'll be fine, baby. She'll love you." He reassures.

Jason opens the door and leads me into her house. The scent of ground beef, peas and mashed potatoes filled the air.

"Is she making Sheppard's Pie?" I ask.

"I may have told her you favorite food dish and she insisted that she make it." He says as he scratches the back of his neck.

"What else does she know about me?" I ask.

Jason holds my other hand in his and pulls me towards him.

"All she knows is your favorite dish and how much I love you." He states.

A breath hitched in my throat as he says the word 'love'. This is the first time he's told me that he loved me.

Maybe it's the whole Valentines Day thing, I don't know.

Jason just stood there waiting for my reaction.
I opened my mouth to say something until Sookie states:

"Alyssa? Nice to meet you! I'm Sookie."

She holds out her hand and I take kit as I say:

"Nice to meet you."

"Come here. Let me introduce you to my friends." She states as she drags me into the kitchen.

"This is my boyfriend, Alcide. And this is my friend, Eric. Guys, this is Alyssa, Jason's girlfriend." She introduces.

"What did you do to score a beauty like her?" Eric asks Jason.

Eric and I hold a gaze a little too long. My tattoo burns whenever I am near a supernatural being. And out of the five of us in the room, three of them are supernatural, including Jason's brother.

I really shouldn't be here.

"Honestly... I have no idea." Jason responds.

There was a silence that consists of gazes thrown in my direction.

Sookie clears the air by saying:

"I'm almost finished making the Sheppard's Pie. It has about seven minutes longer in the oven."

"Sookie, you didn't have to—"

"I insist. You have no idea how hard it as to make Jason crack. You guys like your privacy." She asks.

"I like to keep to myself most of the time." I nervously say.

Jason senses my anxiety and walks behind me. He loosely wraps his arms around my waist and presses a kiss on the curve of my neck.

"Just breathe." He reassures.

I nod and I hold on his hands in front of me. I look over to see Eric and Alcide glancing at me as they spoke amongst themselves.

"Hey Alyssa, can you help us grab the beer cans in the cooler outback?" Eric asks.

"Sure." I say.

I pat Jason's hand before walking outback with Alcide and Eric. I know it's going to be an ambush, but I go anyway.

Before I can even speak a word, Eric grabs me and runs me into the woods. He pins me against a tree and extract his fangs.

"How many people know that you're an Ochránci?" He asks.

"No one besides you two." I say as Alcide approaches.

"Jason doesn't even know?" Alcide asks.

"The less he knows, the better. I don't want anyone to kidnap him and use him as leverage."

"I thought your kind was dead. That the ambush killed you all." Eric states.

"Well, I'm living proof that is not true." I say.

"The blonde in there... what is she? She sure isn't human. I haven't hunted anyone like her, ever." I add.

"If you even lay a hand on Sookie, we will rip you apart, limb from limb." Alcide threatens.

"Alyssa?" I hear Jason's voice ask.

I turn my head to see Jason looking around the backyard, wondering where I am.

"Alyssa! Where are you?"

Eric grabs me by my neck and vamp speed me to Jason. Eric forces me to my knees and says:

"She been lying to you, about who she really is."