Picking Sides (3/3)

** 2 years later**

Alcide and I (still in our wolf forms) were walking on our toes to hunt a deer we sniffed a coupe miles back. Until I smelled a familiar scent: Sookie's and she is scared. I run in the direction of the scent and I felt Alcide running behind me. I finally saw Sookie and Bill surrounded by vampires. Alcide and I growl behind them; they jump and look behind them to see us.

Since they were distracted, Bill broke off two branches and plunged them into two vampires' hearts. They both exploded into mush and I lunge forwards and yank out one vampire's neck vertebrae; he collapsed to the ground. I rip another vampire's heart out with my teeth. Alcide took down the remaining two guys. We approached them and Alcide shifted back to human.

"Sookie." He says and hugs her.

He pulls away and turns to see that I am still in my wolf form. He crouched down and pets my ear down to my chin. I shift and he didn't move his hand, so his hand rested on my chin. I stand up and he caress up and down my arms.

"It's been so long. I almost forgot how beautiful you look." He says.

"Almost." He adds.

I bite my lip and look down at my nakedness.

"Ummmm." I say.

"Oh come on. You have a gorgeous body, you don't have to hide it." He whispers.

We walk to the car and I put on Bill's leather jacket. They drove us to Sookie's house where Alcide and I took our showers. When I am done taking my shower, I walk downstairs into the dining room. Alcide is leaning against the wall, eating a grilled cheese. Sookie was preparing my sandwich but Alcide gave me his sandwich and I finished it. I filled up a glass of orange juice and started drinking it. I left half for Alcide and he drank the rest of it.

Sookie and Bill looked at us with a small smile tugging on their lips.

"What?" Alcide and I say in unison.

"You guys share everything. Almost like a brother and sister would." Sookie explains.

Alcide and I look at each other and chuckled.

"What?" Sookie asked.

"This isn't a brother-sister relationship. We're mates." Alcide explains.

"Really?" Bill asks with a hint of surprise.

"Yea. It's kind of hard to explain." I say softly.

"So you two...." Bill pushes.

"No, not yet." I say.

"But very soon." Alcide adds and pecks my lips.

Sookie finished my sandwich. I say thank you and start eating it. After I eat half, I give it to Alcide. Sookie gives me a look and I say:

"Sorry. It's a habit."

Alcide chuckles.