Picking Sides (1/3)

I was running as fast as my legs could take me. I bolt through the front door of the hospital and run into a few people on the way there but I didn't care. I memorized the room number that Alcide gave me and I don't stop running until I reach there. Alcide sensed my chemosignals the minute I busted through the front door because he was waiting outside the door. He caught me and slowed my body down from the speed I was originally going.

His arms locked around my body and he kept me still as I see my sister's lifeless body on the metal table. I scream and cry at the same time. Alcide placed my head on his chest and softly shhh'ed me.

"Y/S/N!" I say lurching forward but Alcide held me back.

People around me had sad looks on their faces. Some placed their hands on their chest. I collapse onto Alcide and buried my face into his neck. I work up the courage to ask:

"What happened?"

"I..."He trailed off.

"Al, what. happened."

"I'll tell you when you calm down, just...."

My sobs echo throughout the hallways of he hospital.

**Later that day**

Sookie, Bill, Alcide, Jason, Tara and I were all sitting in Sookie's house. I was sitting on the couch with my knees tucked to my chest while staring off into space. The tears slowly came out of my eyes and my sobbing subsided. I was snapped out of my trance when I heard Sookie whisper:

"No, Bill."

My eyebrows furrowed and I asked:

"What's all this commotion about?"

Everyone felt uneased and shifted uncomfortably in their seats. Almost like they know something I didn't.

"Why does it seem like you all know something I don't?"

They all stare at me and I felt anger build in my chest.

"If any of you know something that regards to my sister's passing, you better fucking tell me. I have a right to know. I'm her only blood relative damn it! Tell me!" Sookie flinched at my tone.

Bill stood up and softly said:

"I was the one that killed her."

"What!"

"She was coming at me and she was growling a-a-and I thought she was one of Russel's wolves and I..." He trailed off.

I was silent and Sookie said:

"It was an accident."

"It was an accident? It was a fucking accident! Well this 'accident' does bring her back! This 'accident' proves how blood thirsty vampire really are and how my sister died for no fucking reason! That's what this means!"

"I know, I'm sorry." She whispers.

I blow her off and motion to the rest of them.

"You all. How dare you think it was ok to withhold this kind of information? Information that regards something as important of how my sister died. You heartless vamp loving sons of bitches."

I look to Alcide and say:

"And you...you would lie to your friend of twelve years...for a vamp? Or did you do it for the blonde? You probably did it for the blond because she seems like your type." My voice cracked.

Alcide's face softened and he stands up. I shake my head and press my lips together.

"Fuck you. Fuck all of you." I say running out.

"Y/N." Alcide yells.

Sookie steps in front of me and I say:

"Right now, is NOT a good time to be around me. You know what? Actually, don't come around me now or ever with that vamp. Because if you do, the next thing that enters his heart is a stake."

I was beginning to wolf out. My fans were growing in and my eyes were glowing orange.

"Sookie, stay back." Bill says while pulling her back by the arm.

I walk out of the house and Alcide was yelling my name.  I run and run into I get to Fangtasia. I knock on the door and Eric opens it.

"I'm sorry to bother you, Ric. But I didn't have anywhere else to go."

He nods slightly and opens to door large enough for me to walk, then he closed the door.