Tragedy (1/2)

I was running as fast as I could to get to Y/S/N, my sister, but it was too late. I run through the woods and I stopped in my tracks to see my sister limp body on to ground. She was a werewolf like me, but she never embraced it. I made my alpha promise to protect her, and he did a bang up job of it. I looked over to him and his face is laced with guilt. He walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I roughly pushed him away and say:

"What happened?"

"I-I don't know." He responds.

"Bullshit."

Tears were beginning to form as I run over to Y/S/N's dead body. Her body was still warm but when I looked into her eyes; life had left them completely. Her Y/S/E/C eyes were slightly gray and her face was bloody. She had her heart ripped out. I hugged her lifeless body to mine and cried into her shirt.

"Who did this to her?" I croaked.

"I don't know, but it was big, fast and it has three fingers with big claws." My alpha adds.

I held her closer and continue to sob, I didn't care if her blood was getting on my shirt.

"Y/N/N, we need to call the sheriff's station." Sam says sadly.

I didn't respond and he placed a hand on my shoulder. I stand and rip his hand off of my shoulder.

"Don't touch me." I say lowly.

"It's not his fault." Sookie says.

"Sookie, do me a favor and bud out of this."

"I can help you--"

"I don't want your help!" She winced at my voice.

"I don't want your help. I don't want any of you guys' help. Just leave me alone."

I walk off with my hands on my hips and I felt someone following me.

"Whomever you are. I'm don't have to time nor the patience for your empty words and apologies." I say.

"Ouch. That almost hurt." A voice said. The voice belonged to Eric.

I sigh and say:

"What do you want from me?"

"What makes you think I want something for you?" He contradicts.

"Why else are you here?" I ask.

"Because.... I want to make sure that you are ok." He says.

"I'm fine." I say.

"I don't have to listen to your heartbeat to know that's a lie." He says stepping closer.

He continues to step closer and he touches me arm. When he notices that I don't move his hand and embraces me into an awkward hug.
I rest my head on his chest and squeeze his bicep as I sob. My breathing was ragged and I felt the need to roar. So I close my eyes and roar at the sky.

In werewolf culture, roaring after a death of a loved one, is a way of grieving. I roar again and I collapse back into Eric chest.

After the sheriff took Y/S/N body, I asked everyone to leave. Sookie was hesitant but I ignored her and eventually she went away. Eric was the last one standing, lurking in the shadows.

"I'll be fine Eric."

"I find that hard to believe."

"I'll get better.... over time.... Go."

He finally left and the pack surrounded me.

"I'm leaving. I don't want anything to do with this pack anymore."

"Y/N." Trey, my alpha says.

"No! I trusted you, I trusted that you would protect my baby sister. And you didn't, and now she is dead. I can never trust any of you again."

"If you leave us, then you'll be an omega."

"Trey, I'm the strongest wolf of your pack, I think I can take care of myself."

He huffs and I take off my clothes. I go down on all fours and shift into a black and tan wolf.

 I go down on all fours and shift into a black and tan wolf

I ran off into the night and never looked back.