Chapter 23

Anna's POV: 

I let go of Ayaz's hand and ran into my car and locked myself in. I started my car and sped off towards god knows where. So my dreams were a fucking sign of his stupid return? What the fuck? And who in the goddam world does he think he is? I kept driving.

It took me a while to notice my brothers and Zayn were following me. I decided to turn back around and head home. I parked the car and got out and was met by my really angry family.

"What do you think your doing? Are you trying to give me a heart attack at the age of 24?" Adam yelled at me before pulling me in to a hug. 

"I just had to get out of there, I don't know. I needed to get myself to think straight."

"It's okay, I understand but the speed you were going at could've hurt you."

"Urm Adam, if it's okay with you can I?" Zayn asked slowly. Adam nodded before kissing my head and letting go.

"Are you trying to kill me?!" Zayn yelled while grabbing me by the shoulders. Adam and Ayaz started laughing quietly while I just smiled innocently.

"I love you." I whispered. He pulled me in to a fierce hug.

"I love you more." He mumbled before we were interrupted by some one's coughing. It was Dad.

"You should all come in. We need to talk about this." He said while turning around and heading back inside. I didn't know what to feel about all this, realistically I just want to forget what happened today and carry on with our lives. I walked in to the living room to find mum and dad sitting on the sofa and Hannah sitting across them with unreadable emotions. I sat on the sofa next to her, while everyone else sat in seats in the living room. Everyone but Celina and Aiden. I looked at my mum and she looked broken. We sat in silence but the tension was clear. After a while mum spoke up. 

"I don't know what to say to you. Anna and Hannah especially." 

"How about an explanation Mom?" Hannah cried. I looked up to see that she was pissed. She only just turned 15. She was a baby when Rob had walked out. She barely remembers or understands anything. Mum looked even worse when Hannah asked for an explanation. I was too exhausted to tell Hannah off . I just stared silently.

"Hannah you were a baby when he left us. Anna probably remembers bits but I never explained to you in detail as to why he left." Dad held her hand and squeezed it. Mum did the same back. I continued to stare.

"Rob and I were happy with our 2 little girls; but he started to seem distant from me after Hannah's 1st birthday. A whole year went by and the distance between me and him kept increasing and I was slowly breaking from it. I thought it was just me so I kept trying to impress him and did everything to the best of my ability. Until the day came. I was out shopping for groceries and you guys were at the daycare centre. That's when I saw them at the park while driving by. I stopped the car and watched him play with his 6 year old son and she watched them adoringly. She looked pregnant. I was heart broken but I didn't say anything I went straight to pick you girls up from the centre. I planned on packing his things and telling him to leave when we got home. But when I got there, Anna, you came running up to me with a painting. It was a painting of us 4. You admired your father, and I couldn't tear you two apart. So when we got home I played with you and distracted myself until he got home. We continued like normally. He'd play with you guys then we'd eat dinner and put our little angels to sleep. Then we'd spend an hour in the living room doing nothing but watch telly. This time I asked him who those people where. For the first time in ages he looked me in the eyes and he must've seen the pain I had. Even after seeing my pain he didn't hide the truth and comfort me; instead he attacked me with the truth. A year before Anna was born he had met the lady and conceived his first child with her. She knew he was married to me but still continued her affair with him. He stayed with me because he was confused on which woman he loved more. Apparently after Anna was born he left the other woman and came back for us. It was only after Hannah turned one that he realised he loved the other lady so much more. He had stayed in contact with her for their son. He left that night because I was so broken and hurt to say anything to him. He came back the next day for his stuff and the following week I got the divorce papers. I signed them because I wanted him to be happy. At first I thought he'd come back to visit you girls and talk to me and try help me move on but she turned up one day and started shouting all random things to me. She said she hated me for keeping him for so long and will never forgive me.  I stared at her, I was hurting so bad that I blocked her out and she rambled on while standing in the door way. I must've gone in to shock because the next thing I know I was in a hospital bed. Your uncle Joel had come to visit us, but instead he had found me staring blankly at the woman in front of me. He had called the ambulance. When I finally pulled myself together, I promised to be strong for you girls. Rob had a different plan, he showed up to the house the day I was discharged from the hospital. He had a go at me for hurting his newly wedded wife. If it wasn't for Joel, I would've killed myself that day. He got rid of him and came back to see me curled up in a ball on the floor. He put me in my bed and put you girls in beside me. I woke up to the sound of you Hannah's crying. That's when I realised that in the process of trying to forget your father I forgot about you two." Mum spoke really softly. Hanna was in tears and I just stared blankly having flashes of the time and remembering my uncle Joel. He played a big role in my life until he had to move away for his career, he'd text or call every now and then. Mum continued.

"He never came back to visit you girls. I stayed there for a few months until I realised he had no intentions of returning to visit you girls. I packed our stuff and moved away. I met your Dad here and it took me ages to realise that we had loved each other from the moment we had met. After a year we got married and the boys instantly took us in as their family. Hanna was still young and you instantly took Jason as her Dad but Anna you didn't. You felt like you were betraying your father and hated your Dad. It took you a few months to accept him but when you did I finally got a loving and perfect family." Mum had started to cry during the end. Hanna had gone to hug Mum and Dad. Me? I remained sitting there staring and thinknig of everything Rob had done to my Mum. I was once again reminded of how rude I was to Dad at the beginning. I stood up and went to Mum's room and got out an album which was from when Rob was still part of our family. I looked through it and couldn't help but cry, I found so many of them of me and Rob. I could clearly see the adoration I had for him. 

"Anna?" I looked up to see Dad walking in. I jumped up and hugged him.

"Your my Dad, no one else. I don't want you to leave me." I cried.

"Who said I was leaving?"

"Rob did."

"I'm not Rob." I cried and cried until I realised Dad wouldn't leave me. I pulled back and laughed how stupid I was.

"Let's go downstairs." He said and we were about to walk down but I stopped.

"I'll be down in  minutes." I told Dad and he walked down without me. I turned back to the album and took all the pictures that had Rob in it, I put them in my pocket and headed down stairs. There I found everyone talking, Celina and Aiden had joined them. I smiled, this is the perfect family. I'm not going to let anyone ruin this. I smiled and walked in and instantly joined in to their conversation.

After dinner I walked Zayn to his car.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yes. I have my perfect family and a perfect husband to be." I smiled at him, he chuckled and pulled me in to a kiss. We pulled away for breath and he got in to his car. I waved as he started his car but stopped when I saw that idiot across the street. I ran towards him. I'm not losing him this time. I heard Zayn calling after me, but I didn't stop. I was more than determined to catch this cunt. I ran after him and eventually started to catch up. When I was near enough I jumped at him and we both stumbled to the ground. He tried to run again but I grabbed his leg and he dropped again, we both struggled with each other. Zayn arrived and held the guy down firmly as I pulled his mask down revealing his face. I stared in shock as I realised who it was. I moved back from him and stumbled back and fell. Zayn let the guy go and came to me while he ran away.

"Anna? Are you okay? What's wrong? Do you know him?" Zayn asked frantically and I just nodded.

"Who is he?"

"Rob's son." I whispered. Zayn picked me up and started heading back towards the house. Why the hell does he stalk me and why did he want to kill me? I was so caught up in my head that I didn't realised we had reached the house until Dad was shaking me.

"Why does he want to hurt me?" I asked.

"Who?" He asked but Zayn answered for me. He explained to them what had happened. Dad and my brothers were furious. I was still trying to work out why this guys hated me so much. I slowly drifted away on the sofa as everyone discussed the matter amongst themselves.

A/N: OMG 1000+ READS! I LOVE YOU GUYS! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I hope you like this chapter! As usual Comment/vote/share! Please read my new story; Broken Promises! Thank you again! xxxx