Chapter 1

All Rights Reserved.

This is all my work.

....................................................................................................................................................................................

I dragged my numb feet across the cold and damp floor. I used my remaining strength to push the heavy doors.

"Tyler left a key for me?" I asked the receptionist blankly.

"Name?" She asked, hinting jealousy in her tone.

"Anna Ali." I replied as I watched her bring the keys. she gave it to me without making anymore comments. I reached the room at a slow pace while trying to put everything together in my head. as I went in I started hearing them again...

"DON'T LIE TO ME! YOU MAKE ME SICK!"

"I'M SO ASHAMED TO CALL YOU MY SISTER!"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST DIE INSTEAD!"

I covered my ears and dropped to my knees, I closed my eyes tight but i still couldn't get rid of the images of their disgusted expressions. I got up and went to the balcony hoping the wind will blow away the voices and images. As I watched everyone going home from work, I thought about where my life was heading. No family, no loved ones to go home to. What was the point in living? The wind blew my hair back and dried up the tear stream on my face. I went closer to the edge, I embraced myself for the final moment. I felt nudges but I ignored it I continued. Suddenly I felt someone grab me from the back and pull me back inside. It took me some time to realise it was Tyler, the only person who still believed in me. I couldn't stop my tears as I got up and hugged him as tight as I could. I felt more nudges as I cried out loudly, I held my belly. Tyler comforted me.

"You need to stop doing this to yourself and your baby. What the hell were you thinking? Just because your family don't believe you it doesn't mean you go and kill yourself. I don't see why you and this innocent life inside you should be paying for the hospitals mistake?" He continued to scold me.

"Do you have any idea how stupid that was for you to do? I told you I'm going to help you but you still decided to do something like that! " I noticed he was crying.

"I'm sorry...I don't know...why me?" I sobbed slowly in his arms.

"Anna I can't say I know how you feel but I definitely can say this is the hardest test you're going to go through in life. Just remember you're being gifted with a little baby. The baby and I Will help you through this. In time your family will eventually understand. The truth never loses. Come on lets get up and get you freshened up and then we can eat. For 6 months you ain't that fat." He sneered at me. I hit him playfully. Tyler had gone back to the house to pick up my belongings, when I opened the bags I noticed that there were new clothes, shoes and toiletries. I guess he got his wife to help him with all the maternity clothing. I laughed slightly at the thought of Tyler going shopping.

After I changed my clothes, we ate some pizza. Tyler stuffed me with food, claiming that he knows I'm not going to eat anymore after he goes; so he needs to fill me up so that I last until the next time he comes to see me. I went to watch One Tree Hill, while Tyler was making some calls. After One Tree Hill I went to have some ice cream. I watched Tyler walk up and down the balcony as he made calls. I looked around the studio flat admiring the elegant decor. This was Tyler's studio flat, but he and his wife moved out because they're expecting. According to him it is now mine. Tyler came in from the balcony, he had a piece of paper in his hand, he put it down on the the table. 

"Sony can't take you because you're pregnant but they've given you a band. It'll be easier than the main industry. You start at 11am tomorrow." He said as he sat down across me on the table.

"Way to drop the bombshell!" I moaned back. "Ty, thank you for everything. I don't know if I would've made it without you." I smiled at him.

"Your welcome, just don't go and do something stupid like that again." He scolded me again. He left and I decided to go sleep seeing as i had to get up quite early.