•seventy-three

Jinyoung's pov
i heard Jieun call out my name and i knew it was time for it. her confession and my rejection.

i took a deep breath and turned around smiling at her. "nae?" "i have something to tell you..can we go somewhere else?" Jieun said looking at the floor.

"of course. where do you wanna go? the garden?" she nodded and we made our way there.

we sat down on the bench swing and i moved the swing slightly , making it swing. "Jin-Jinyoung sunbae , i-i like you."

the moment Jieun said out the three words , my heart beat even faster. deep inside me , i wanted to accept her. but i knew i couldn't.

i have promised Jihoon that i'll help bring back Jieun's memories. i can't break it just for the sake of my own happiness.

i sighed internally and replied. "i'm sorry Jieun. i only look at you like a younger sister. and nothing more than that. jjinja mianhae."

i'm lying Jieun , i'm sorry for breaking your heart. it's for your own good.

Jieun sighed and smiled "araseo. i knew it. i knew that you wouldn't see me as a woman." she stood up wanting leave but she stayed still.

Jieun's pov
after saying what i wanted to , i stood up wanting to walk away as i was sad Jinyoung didn't have any feelings for me.

however , my head started feeling dizzy and blurry images appeared in my head. it is happening just like how it did at dinner.

but this time , the blurry images are different. different from the ones at dinner.

these images show me and Jinyoung outside a place which looks like a house. he was telling me something while patting my shoulder.

the image got even more blurry. i started tearing up. in the image. why is the images showing things that i am experiencing right now?

it seems like Jinyoung was rejecting my confession. which is also happening right now.

my head started hurting. i felt my legs give in and everything blacked out.

Jinyoung's pov
"Jieun!" i shouted when she fell to the ground. i went over to her and lifted her in my arms , carrying her into the dorm.

Chaeyoung saw Jieun unconscious in my arms and went to me immediately. "omo! Jieunie!" she said touching Jieun's forehead. "what happened?"

"the plan worked. but i guess something came back into her head or something she fell to the ground after i rejected her."

Jihoon came running towards us and he opened his mouth. "yah Jinyoung! i told you to reject her not make her faint!"

"hyung! get your facts right first! Jieun fainted herself!" i said out of anger. i already have to give Jieun to him , yet he is scolding me for making her 'faint'.

i went through Chaeyoung and Jihoon and placed Jieun on the sofa. after awhile , Chaeyoung came over with a small tub of water.

"hopefully this will wake her up." she took a small towel and drenched it with the water before cleaning it on Jieun's face.

Jieun's eyes twitched and slowly opened them. Jihoon immediately went to her side and asked "Jieun-ah , you okay?"

"w-what happened?" she said getting up. "you fainted you girl!" Chaeyoung said and Jieun looked at her with huge eyes.

"i did?" Jieun said scratching her head.

———————————————————————