•sixty-four

Jihoon's pov
"w-who are you?" Jieun asked and i felt my heart drop. "Ji-Jieun , it's m-me , Jihoon." i said with a shaky voice.

"Jihoon? who is that? do i know him?" Jieun asked and took her hand away from mine. "oppa , who is he? why is he here?"

Jieun looked at me with a scared look on her face. at the same time , the door opened and the doctor entered the room with some nurses and Jeonghan following behind.

"please let me examine her for a min." the doctor said as the nurses drew the curtains covering Jieun's bed.

the doctor went in the curtains and i stood there not moving at all.

"don't worry , the doctor will find out what's wrong with Jieun. i'm sure she remembers you. don't think of any wild guesses."

Joshua patted my shoulder and i slightly smiled a little as a response.

after a while , the curtains were opened and the doctor came out.

"who are you guys to Ms Hong?" the doctor asked and Joshua came up. "i'm her brother and he is her husband."

"i'm sorry to say that Ms Hong has lost her memory. everything that has happened for the past 7 years have been forgotten. her memory has now stopped when she is 15 years old."

"m-mwo?" Joshua asked. "that is when she isn't close to Jihoon at all. he is just an idol and a sunbae to her during that time."

my heart sank. i couldn't believe what i just heard. Jieun lost her memories. most importantly is that she lost then at the age before we even knew each other well.

how unluckly can i be.

i walked towards Jieun and looked into her eyes hoping a miracle might happen. she looked back at me with as if i was creepo staring at her.

Joshua went up to her and asked her.
"Jieun-ah , do you remember who is he?" Joshua pointed at me and she looked at me.

"he is your favourite idol remember?" Jieun looked at me and opened her mouth saying "OH!"

she raised her hand and pointed at me. "PARK JIHOON SUNBAE!" my heart ache the moment she called me sunbae.

i weakly smiled at her and she gave me her widest smile. "sunbae , are you here to visit me?"

"n-nae.." i felt that i was going to cry at any moment from now so i told Joshua that i will be going out of the ward for a while.

when i exited the ward , my tears fell down my cheeks like a flowing river. i couldn't stop crying. Jieun doesn't remember me anymore.

everything will have to start from step 1. and if she doesn't remember me , that also means she doesn't remember Jiyeon..

——————————————————————————