thirty-five

Joshua's pov
after leaving Jieun's room , i called Minhyun to see if he knew where was Jiyeon's room.

"yeoboseyo?" "Minhyun-ah , do you have any idea where is Jiyeon's room?" "oh um level 5 room 111" "nae thanks"

i hung up and made my way to Jiyeon's room.

i stood in front of the room and took a deep breath before opening the door. when i went in , i saw Minhyun and his family in there.

i look at Jiyeon lying there with so many tubes in her body. i walked to the side of her bed and sat down.

i brushed her hair. "the doctor say her condition is getting better. she should wake up in another few days." Minhyun told me and i nodded.

"i'm bringing Jieun and Jiyeon with me. letting them stay with Jihoon will only let them be in danger." i told Minhyun and he looked at me shocked.

"but you can't! y-" "i'm Jieun's brother. and my father told me to protect both her and my mom. i have failed to protect her as brother so i'm taking her away. she and Jihoon should take a break." i cut off Chaeyoung's words.

"ahjussi , can you don't take Jiyeon away? i won't have anyone to play with if she is gone." a young girl i suppose to be their child came to me.

"what's your name little girl?" i smiled at her and she replied. "Hwang Yeonah." "Yeonah , i will let her play with you whenever she gets the chance to alright?"

"but who are you? why are you bringing Jiyeon away?" "i'm Jiyeon's uncle. i'm bringing her away to keep her safe." she turned her head and looked at Minhyun not believing.

Minhyun nodded his head to tell her that it is true. Yeonah turned to face me and held my hand.

"ahjussi , you must keep your promise and let me play with Jiyeon okay?" she held out her pinky and i pinky promised her.

she smiled and i stood up ready to leave. "Joshua , you really want to bring them away? i mean i'm sure Jihoon will take good care of Jieun and Jiyeon in the future." Minhyun whispered to me.

"i keep my promises." and i left the room.

——————————————————————————