Chapter 33 Adam Emerson

"adam!"

"Hello love" he greets.

"W-what are you d-doing here?" I ask my eyes showing shock.

"Your beautiful mother" he says then turns around and points to her; she smiles "invited me"

"Oh" I say, really Alyssa, that's it, oh.

"Wow you've grown since I last saw you" he says looking at my stomach.

I laugh nervously, "uhhh yeah, you could say a drunken mistake" I say and scratch the back of my head nervously at my lie.

"Oh wow really"

"No not really" I say truthfully then point to jack "he's the father" he looks over his shoulder and sees jack, then turns to me and smirks.

"Jack Henry, nice choice, nice player" he says and I laugh.

"How did you two meet?"

"We have been life long friends, literally" I say and he laughs.

"Oh that's, nice" he says with and raised eyebrow and i laugh.

"Would you like something to eat or drink?" i ask

"Oh yes that would be lovely" he says with a funny face when he looks at the burgers and i laugh. I walk past him laughing and headed for the grill where my cousin is.

"Aye Gaylord, burger for the man" I shout at my cousin Eric, he looks my way and glares.

Eric get the Patty, puts it in two loafs of bread on a plate then gives it to me.

"I can I tell you something"Adam says when he takes the dish from my hand.

"Sure"

"I have never eaten a burger" he says and I look at him wide eyed.

"What!" I shout causing everyone to look at me, I smile apologetically then turn back and look at him.

"Are you serious?" I ask and he nods, I sigh disappointedly.

" Well I am going to make you the best cheese burger you have ever tasted" I say then turn around and start putting the ingredients together.

A few minutes later I walk to the table he is sitting at and rest the burger in front of him. He looks at it then me and gulps

"Oh come on it's not that bad" I say and he looks at me not believing anything I say. I roll my eyes and lift it up to his mouth. He takes a bite out of it and his eyes widens.

"Best Krabby Patty ever, I know, I know" I say self praising.

"Actually no" he says and my eyes lock with his with shock written on my face.

"It's not?"

"No, it's an amazing Krabby Patty" he says with his smile getting bigger by every second.

I sucked my teeth and pushed him lightly.

"That was not nice!" I say and he laughs.

I feel eyes on me so I turn away from Adam and looked around to see jack looking back at me no emotions on his face, eyes cold as he looks at me.