Chapter 32 BBQ and some old friends

Alyssa's pov

"I'm really sorry Alyssa but mom made me make you" Vic keeps saying and apologizing.

"Vic seriously it's okay, I understand, mom can be a little..... intimidating" I say cringing.

Blake, Vic, Amelia, Sofia, Kayla and I are on our way to a BBQ my mom is holding. My mom doesn't know what happened between Jack and i, she just thinks that I'm spending some time by my sister to help me on any  information I need with babies. So yes he will for sure be there, maybe with Sarah. I shudder at the thought of her being there around his arms.

We arrive at my mom's house an few minutes later. We enter the house and the sound of laughter coming down the hall to the sliding door leading to the back yard.

I rest my purse on the table by the door and walk to the back yard behind my nieces, Vic and Blake.

They all walk out and greet everyone while I'm still standing by the door nervous that if I walk out that door I might see something I won't. Plus I might go down for murder.

Vic and they greet everyone there that's when I freeze up

"Victoria where's Alyssa?" My mother asks. Really mom really, have to notice everything aye.

"Right here" I say and stick my head out with a sheepish smile on my face.

"Hunny come on out what are you doing there still" my mom says signalling me with her hand to come out.

I released a breath and stepped out.

"Oh my gosh look at my baby girl" my mom says excitedly from seeing my belly.

She walks up to me and outs her hand on my stomach moving her hand over it with adoration in her eyes.

She chuckles "remember when you told me you would never have children, now look at you" she says starting to tear up, I chuckle and say yes. I hug her and she pulls back after a few minutes.

"Alright stop the sappy stuff, let's have fun" she says and everyone cheers and I laugh.

I walk over to my cousins, aunts and uncles to greet them.

About an hour into the BBQ and me enjoying myself, I see Seth walk in with Ashley in hand. I hear her squeal and I laugh and open my arms for her to run into. She runs into my arms and hugs me tight.

"Oh I'm sorry, I'm crushing your baby" she says happily, then goes and rubs my stomach.

"Hey baby it's aunty Ashley, I'm gonna spoil you rotten" she says and my eyes widen.

"No you won't" I say in a demanding tone.

"Gosh you and Seth are so annoying with these demands" she says and I laugh.

"Oh Jack darling how are you!" I hear my mom yell from across the yard. I look in the direction she's running to.

There he is, in the flesh, still alive. Yep  life does not like me.

I look at Ashley and she's already looking at me with a sad smile.

"It's fine I'm fine" I say with a reassuring smile

"Oh Sarah hi nice to see you again sweety" I hear my mom say again and I roll my eyes. She pulls them to the grill and I head straight for the house trying to not get seen by them.

I enter the house and go to the bathroom in my room.

I close the door and exhale a breath of relief.

I walk to the sink and threw some water on my face, I look up and look at myself in the mirror.

"Alright Alyssa you got this" I say to myself.

Knock knock knock

I look at the door and scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion. Who could be wanting to use my washroom, there's one down stairs.

I open the door to be greeted with the last person I expected.

"Jack?" I say breathless.

"Hey bunny" he says, my heart flutters at the nickname I've been dying to hear for the past couple of months.

"Jack w-what- are y-you doing here?" I say confusion still in my eyes. I look outside the bathroom to see my bedroom door closed and locked.

"How's the baby" he asks and I look up at him anger and confusion on my face clear as day.

"Fine" I say then walk around him and into the bedroom.

"Have you found out what the gender is yet?"

"No I wanted it to be a surprise" I say keeping all contact limited.

"Oh okay, how have-"

"Jack what do u want" I ask cutting him off.

"I just came to find out how you and my child are" he says in an duh tone.

"I thought it wasn't yours" I say then  turn around and looked at him.

"It is" he says clenching his jaw trying to control his anger.

"Oh, really, oh, okay" I say in a voice that says 'if you say so'. I start heading for the door but he grabs me by my wrist and spins me around. I yank my hand out of his and look at him angrily.

"I said goodbye that night for a reason Jack!" I shout hands shaking "you broke my heart that night Jack! That night- that night when you asked me if it's your child" I say sobbing. He comes closer to hug me but I push him away "go back to Sarah, I'm sure your fiance is waiting" I say and his eyes widen for a milli second then is face goes stone cold. He walks past me and slams the door behind himself making me jump.

After a few minutes I went downstairs and exiting the back door  I bump into a chest. I look up and I see

"Adam!"