Alyssa

Previously on What Are We Doing

"And you are?" I ask stretching last word.

"OH how rude of me, Hi im Sarah jacks fiancé" she says and sticks her hand out for a hand shake. Jack walks up to us and says.

"Hey whose at the-" he stops when he sees her. She screams and jumps on him and hugs him.

"OH baby I've missed you!" She says rather loudly still latched to his neck like a leach.

"Wait. WHAT!"

___________________________________

"Wait. WHAT!"

Jack looks at me with guilty eyes I look away. I can't believe this. He had a fiancé the whole time. How could he do this to me. I actually started to love him. My heart feels like someone is holding it and squeezing it in their hand. I am feeling so many emotions right now, Anger sadness but most of all betrayal. I'm just standing there looking at her hug him and kiss him, and him just staring at me. Come on Alyssa you could do this be strong and be polite like your mom raised you.

"Hi Um Sarah would you like something to drink?" I ask her with a smile on my face. She turns to look at me and smiles back.

"OH no thank you I'm fine" she says then turns back to jack and kisses him. My heart hurts.

"Um well Sarah why don't you coming in a little more have a seat on the couch and you could tell me all about you and jack" I said with a smile. I really don't want to hear about them but I'm being polite. Dear God I hope she doesn't want to tell me.

"OH did he not tell you?" She asks turning to me then looking back at him then back at me.

"OH no he must have thought it wasn't a big deal to tell me" I said looking at him my eyes narrowed then looking back at her with a smile.

"Babe she's like your sister why wouldn't you tell her" she says turning to look at jack.

"Yeah jack why didn't you tell me?" I say raising my right eyebrow looking at him anger clear as day on my face.

"I was going to tell you just Sarah beat me to it I guess" he says looking away from me looking very uncomfortable under my stare and he smiles at Sarah, she smiles back and kisses him.

"Well since you didn't tell her I guess we'll go on the couch and explain everything" she says walking to the couch. Jack and I stand there still staring at eachother. Anger and sadness show on my face while guilt shows on his.

"Alyssa I'm-" he starts saying but I just walk off to the couch with a smile. Jack closes the door and comes and sits next to sarah.

"Welllllllll it started about six months ago, I was at an galla and jack was there. I thought he was the most gorgeous man I've ever seen, we made looks back and forth all night until he finally had the guts to come up and ask me to dance, at first I said no but he came again and again and I finally say yes" she says turning back to face him takes his hand and puts it on her lap. "And now here we are six months later getting married in December" she says still looking at him.

Wait December! That's only a month away.

"Wow December that's really..... soon" I say

"Yes it is, I know we're rushing into things but.... we're in love" she says looking at him. I feel sick when I hear that, tears forcing their way out my eyes.

"Um will you please excuse me while I go to the washroom" I say getting up. I walk fastly to the washroom. As I enter I close the door and lock it, run to the toilet and throw up.