Chapter 52

Sorry!  I know it's been a while, but I've been in Kansas City and I wasn't able to upload :/  But hopefully this chapter will make up for it!  It took me a while to write it, and I rewrote it a bunch of times.  The beginning is kinda boring in my opinion, but I promise you it picks up pretty fast!  I want a bunch of comments on this chapter, because I want to see everyone's reactions to what happened!  Authors this week are Eillac15, bug338, Athena98, and Imaril2.  Here's the chapter!

RECAP

A plan was slowly forming in my mind.  If that's how Agent Baxter wanted to play this little game, then so be it.  It was our turn to make a move.
*****************************************************************************************************************

If there was one thing I'd learned about superpowers from my time at the school, it was that each ability has it's loopholes.  Take fire power, for instance.  It couldn't work against someone if they had the ability to control fire too.

Another example of this is Slink's power.  He can control electricity anytime he wants, but his powers shut off the second he touches water.

Rose's power is one of the most complicated one's I've seen since the time I've arrived.  It makes since really, since Rose can read minds, and the human mind is a very complex thing.  People can put up blocks if they don't want their minds being read, which keeps the mind reader from accessing it.  That's how nobody realized that Tanner and Trevor were the traitors.

Although some people know how to block their mind, most people don't.  So whether she is trying to listen into a person's thoughts or not, thoughts from the people around her are constantly being whispered into her head.  She told me she's learned to tune it out partially, to where it's just a quiet buzz.  That is, unless someone's trying to contact her directly.

I knew it wouldn't work when I had been kidnapped the first time, because I was much too far away for her to be able to pick up on my thoughts.  I was still pretty far away from her right now, but it was worth a shot.

Clearing my mind, I pictured Rose's face.  I concentrated on every detail, until I had an image of Rose in my head.  I couldn't help the nervous feeling I had in my stomach.  I had never tried this before, and if it didn't work we were out of plans.

The image of Rose still in my head, I thought as loudly as I could, 'Rose, are you there?'

There wasn't a reply.  I tried again, and again, but Rose never answered back.  I sighed, about to give up, when suddenly Rose's voice answered.  I jumped about a foot in the air as soon as she replied, caught off guard.  There is nothing more weird then having someone else talk into your head.

I calmed down and tried to concentrate on what she was saying, because her voice was really faint.  'Nikki, where are you?'  I breathed out a sigh of relief as I realized that it had worked.  Everything was going to be okay now, now that Rose knew where we were.

'Rose, listen.'  I commanded loudly, still speaking to her in my head.  'Agent Baxter is crazy!  She locked us up!  I need you to get as much help as you can and come get us out.  We're locked in the interrogation room.  Hurry!'

'Wait, who's we?  What happened?  Is Agent Baxter on the enemies' side?  Nikki, are you still there?  Nikki?'  Rose's voice was slowly fading away.  'Rose?'  I tried, but she was gone.  That's when I realized my shoulder's were being shaken roughly.  My eyes snapped open, and I glared at Hope in annoyance.

"What?  You made me loose my connection with Rose!"  I snapped.  Hope's eyes were wide, and she put her finger to her mouth to tell me to be quiet.  "Listen."  She whispered.  My senses suddenly alert, I stayed as quiet as I could as I strained my ears.