Chapter 6

Just thought I'd say that my story is copyright, so if you copy, you pay da price!  LoI I feel like a gangsta saying that :)  so I'll shut up now and let you read!  ENJOY!!!  Oh and I'm still doing the vote challenge, you know the drill.. 5 votes 5 comments! 
THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO EMILY MEARS, FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT WRITER, AND FOR BEING THE BEST FRIEND IN THE WORLD!  :)

**************************************************************************************************************

I was sitting in the back of my English classroom, drumming my fingers against the desk in boredom.  Yes, as Rosie had informed me earlier today, I still had to go to regular classes, like English and Math and all that.

The only good thing was that the teacher had absolutely no control over the class.  I sat in my chair, watching, as all of the students chatted with each other.  Slink, the guy I had met earlier in the hallway, leaned forwards, and told me "Mr. Buck wouldn't notice if a hurricane blew right through his classroom.  He'd just keep teaching."

I chuckled, as I realized that it was probably true.  My smile was cut off, though, as Slink asked me "Hey is it true what everyone is saying?  That you blew up the testing room?"

I pretended to be very interested with my fingers, and I tried to change the subject.  "Do you know what's for lunch today?  Because I don't have a lunch account set up, and.." 

Slink cut me off, and he said "You suck at changing the subject, you know that right?"

Well, that didn't work out as well as I planned.....

I sighed.  "Fine, I did blow up the testing room, but technically it wasn't my fault!  You see, the Boss made this girl Natalie dress up like a ninja and try to take me by surprise, but-"  I was cut off again by Slink laughing, and I glared at him.

Suddenly, I heard Mr. Buck calling my name.  "Nikki, can you tell me the answer to this question?"

I looked at him in shock, and blurted out "But I thought we didn't learn in this class?  Nobody pays attention anyway!"

The room became totally silent, and all of my classmates sent me death glares, as Mr. Buck stared at me, his mouth hanging open.

I sunk down really low in my seat, as I felt everyone's eyes shooting lasers at me.  Finally, Mr. Buck was able to speak, and he ordered in an angry voice, "Well, if that's the way it is, than I guess we'll have to fix that, won't we?  From now on, you'll be working with partners, that I pair you up with."

The class groaned, but he wasn't done yet.  "Since we're working on our evidence unit, you and your partner will need to work together, and try to find some clues for this case the CIA's working on.  We already have quite a good reputation with the CIA, and we're not going to lose it just because you all are slackers, so I'm expecting good quality work!"

The whole class sent me disgusted looks, and I heard some not very nice things being mumbled loudly about me.

I decided to ignore those HATERS, and I focused on the teacher, who had started to partner people up.  I felt my heart sink as Slink was paired up with some wierd guy.  Well, so much for being partnered with someone I actually knew.

Slink was the only person I knew in this class, besides-

"And Tanner will be paired up with Nikki."  Mr. Buck's voice droned on, and my head snapped up.  My eyes opened in horror, and I glanced over at Tanner, who was smirking at me.

Through my first day of school, I'd heard a ton of things about Tanner, and I have to say none of them are good.

He'd broken the hearts of about every girl at the school, and he got into fights all the time.  He was kind of the guy that nobody wanted to make mad, because if they did, him and his group of thugs would go teach them a lesson.