Chapter 20

Hello my awesome fans!!  Got another book recommendation!!   From DuckyOnThePond, who recommends her book, "Midnight Dawn", and Explode's book, "Royal Blood and One Commitment"  Both are AMAZING books, I read them yesterday, and I couldn't stop reading them!!!!  Like I said, they're AWESOME!  So if you guys are looking for something to read, those are good choices!

Okay, so some people said I should try out for the watty awards... should I?  I mean I'm TOTALLY clueless when it comes to the Watty Awards, so I don't know if I should, and I know I probably won't win, because lots of people get hundreds of votes on each CHAPTER, but should I just give it as shot?  Tell me what you think!

And sorry for not uploading earlier, I was going to upload at around 7:00, but I saw the last Harry Potter at midnight, so I was tired, and I wasn't even awake then :)

So anyways, ENJOY THE CHAPTER!!!  And I have a challenge for you guys, one I've never tried.... 25 votes!!!! and 12 comments!!!!  Will you be able to do it?  Because if you fail I'll never upload again in my life!!!  LOL just kidding, just kidding, you know I'll upload anyways!  But I'll upload sooner if you guys reach the goal!

************************************************************************************************************

"Rose, you take the guard on the right, I'll  take out the one on the left."  I whispered into the walkie talkie, and I flinched when it made a loud staticy sound at the end.

Yup, we had discovered that Slink had had walkie talkies all along.  THAT would have been useful while me and Tanner were stranded in the forest...

I heard the cackling of the walkie talkie again, and I held it up to my ear to hear Rose say "Roger that."

She giggled a bit, and then then the device clicked off.  I couldn't help but roll my eyes at Rose.  Only she could giggle at a time like this.

Let me explain.  I was currently right outside Sally Jones' (the woman from the CIA who was murdered) parents' house, hiding in some bushes.  Slink was sitting in a tree about twenty feet away, watching the entrance of the house, and Rose, Natalie, and Tanner were waiting for their signal to go into the house.

I was getting ready to take out one guard, while Rose took out the other.

Yes, there was guards.  Luckily, the Boss had expected that, and we had instuctions on how to handle them. 

Silently, I waited for Slink's signal, and soon I saw the lights flashing three times, telling me that it was time to move.  I smiled, grateful that I wouldn't have to crouch down in that uncomfortable bush any more, and without making any sound, I slowly stood up, making sure that I was still hidden in the shadows.

The guard that I'd been assigned to take out was looking the other way, and I saw my chance.  Quickly, I lit one of the firecrackers that Slink had given to me and Tanner, and I chucked it as hard as I could.

I watched in amusement as the guards face turned into one of confusion as the firecracker's fuse grew shorter and shorter.  Wow, they really didn't hire the brightest guy in the world for this job...

Finally, the spark reached the end of the fuze, and the firecracker exploded.  Smoke filled the air, and I put my hand over my mouth so that I wouldn't breath in any of the chemicals.

Seconds later, the smoke cleared to reveal the guard laying on the ground, fast asleep.   I stepped out of the shadows, careful not to breath in any of the remaining sleeping gas in the air, and I stepped over the gaurd, turning the knob on the front door.

The door creaked open, and I found that all the lights were off.  I tiptoed into the house, a little creeped out by the deathly silence that filled the room.