Chapter 25

'Sup people!  I've got more books to recommend!  "Journey for the Gem", by ridingrl, which is great if you are into Greek mythology!  The book is really fun to read, and it makes you laugh out loud :)  Another book is Engraved,  by Amira17.  If you like books about humans that... aren't really humans, this is the book for you!  And this one's also a love story, for all you romance lovers ;)  Also, someone asked to recommend all of firedancer8's books, and walkingsunshine's.  I've read them all, and they're also amazing!

OK, I have a challenge for all of you.... 35 votes, and 10 comments!!  *evil laugh*  will you be able to succeed?

So, how about I shut up now and let you read the chapter :D

********************************************************************************************************

"Pretty pretty please, tell me where we're going?"  I begged Tanner for the thousandth time, but all he did was smirk and shake his head.  "Nope, it's a surprise." he informed me smugly.

I groaned loudly and leaned back into the soft, leather seat of the limo.  Yes, we were riding in a limo, which I have to admit, was a lot better than being dumped out of a helicopter, like on our last mission.

I sighed.  "At least tell me if it's a good surprise or a bad surprise."  I demanded.  Tanner grinned even wider, and he assured me confidently, "It's a good surprise, trust me."

No matter how much I pestered him about it, he wouldn't tell me what the "surprise" was, so finally I gave up and took a nap.

I heard my name being called, and drowsily, I opened my eyes.  "Nikki?  Nikki?  Yo Nikki, wake up!"  Hope screeched into my ears.  "What?"  I grumbled.  As you can probably tell, I wasn't the type of person who liked being forced to wake up, especially when I was having a good dream.

"We're here."  Hope explained.  I rubbed my eyes and sat up, glancing out the window....

And my jaw almost hit the ground in shock.

I never thought I'd see those polished iron gates again, or the hideous mermaid statue that sat in front of it.  I'd never WANTED to see it again.

I felt my stomach drop, and I quickly pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.  This couldn't be happening, it couldn't be..

"What are we doing here?"  I asked, and my voice came out croaky and hoarse.  Rose beamed at me, like she was waiting for my reaction.  "This is the town you lived in, isn't it?  Remember how we were going to the CIA headquarters to look for clues?  Well, their headquarters is in  Langley, Virginia, the same town you grew up in, right?  And can you believe that the place we're going to be staying in is YOUR OLD HOUSE???" 

She was bouncing up and down in her chair with happiness, but I felt like I was going to be sick, as I looked at the house that belonged to none other than...

The Chanels.            (A / N, remember, the Chanels?  Her foster home that she hated?  Yeah.. sorry I haven't mentioned them in a while..)

I felt the limo screech to a stop in front of the gates, those gates that I had hated for as long as I'd lived there.  As usual, as soon as the car pulled up next to the gate, the alarm next to it buzzed, and a voice asked "Identification, please."

The driver cleared his throat, and said loudly, "Tell the Chanels that the team has arrived."

The voice on the other end stayed quiet, and I was guessing that the driver had said the right thing, because sure enough, 10 seconds later the gates opened.