Chapter 44

Sorry for the long wait D:  I feel so bad for leaving you guys hanging, but I was struck with a horrible disease.  It's struck many people, from all  over the world, and its spreading!!!  This disease is called..... writers block!!  It's HORRIBLE!!!!!!

This chapter is probably the longest one I've EVER written, so VOTE AND COMMENT!  Oh, and the authors for this upload are GiannaPolanco, beejesusfreak2013, SkinnyLizzy, dupreewolf, JinxyJinx, Nickel12, HannahMcConnell, faithtrustpixiedust, and zehalia

RECAP

Trying to fall asleep that night, I couldn't help the tugging feeling in my stomach.  Who knows that was going to happen tomorrow with the Boss, but I was going to feel horrible leaving Naomi here alone.

**************************************************************************************************************

Morning came too soon.  I rolled over, trying to shield my eyes from the light that was streaming in brightly through the barred window.  It didn't work out too well, and finally, realizing that I wasn't going to get anymore sleep, I sighed in defeat and sat up.

Naomi was curled up on the other side of the cell, fast asleep.  Trying not to wake her up, I slowly got to my feet and crept to the front of the cell, wondering when the guards were coming.

After standing there for five more minutes, I was seriously starting to get bored.  For some reason, I couldn't stop wondering what Tanner was doing right then.  What would the son of the baddest mastermind in America do in his free time?

I wondered if he had any other brothers or sisters, besides Damion. 

Damion.  Just the thought of him made me want to shudder.  I couldn't believe that I had once been friends with him.  I had went on a DATE with him!!!  I resisted the urge to gag.

The sad thing was, now that I had the time to think about it, I realized that I hadn't really known Tanner at all.  For all I knew, everything he said to me had been a lie.  Damion tricked me pretty good, maybe this was all just a game to Tanner.  Oh, let's get Nikki to fall in love with me, so that I can break her heart!  That sounds like fun!

The thought angered me, and I clenched my fists, ignoring the voice deep in my head that was telling me that Tanner wasn't like that.

Shaking those thoughts out of my head, I lay back onto the floor, stretching my arms out.  My heart stopped beating when I felt something touch my hand, and I immediately looked over.  I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized that it was just a rock.

Lazily, I lifted it up so that I could see it better.  It wasn't anything special, just your typical old grey rock, and I was about to put it back down, when something caught my eye.

The edge of it was jagged, like it had been broken off part of a bigger rock.  Running my finger along the side, I discovered that it was sharp as well, and a grin broke out onto my face as I got an idea.

The ski mask dude, I mean..... Tanner's dad, had told me that this cell was fire proof, but he never said that it was rock proof.

My heart beating like a bongo drum, I lifted my hand up to the bars, praying that the guards wouldn't choose this moment to come down here.

I pushed to rock to the bar closest to me, and as quietly as I could, I began sawing the side of it with my rock.  At first, nothing happened, but slowly I could see part of the bar beginning to wear away.  It was only a tiny bit, but it was still better than nothing.

Sweat dripped down my face as I worked as fast as I could, cursing myself for not thinking of this last night.  Time was my enemy right now, as I knew that any second someone could come, and I would get caught.