Chapter 54

Wassup my peeps?  Ok, the book is coming to an end, and I know that there's a lot of unanswered questions, so I'm going to try to answer them in this chapter, but if there's any that I didn't could you guys do me a favor and tell me so that I can fix it?  This is the first actual book I've ever written, and I know it's not perfect but I'm pretty proud of it :)  Thanks SOOOOOOOOOO much for all the support you guys have given me, I could have never done it without you!  If I ever manage to publish it, it's going to be dedicated to YOU, my Wattpad fans.  The next chapter after this is going to be the last :'(  I'm so sad that it's ending!

Authors for reccomending are khassal and libbylove12, so check them out if you get a chance.  Enjoy the chapter!

RECAP

She was turned completely to stone.

I stared at her, feeling as if I were about to pass out.   As I gawked at her stone body, another figure emerged from behind her.

The Boss.

And that's when I fainted.
************************************************************************************************************

When I woke up I had a splitting headache.  I groaned and shielded my eyes with my arm to try and block out the light.  Something cold and wet was pressed against my face, and immediately my eyes flew open.

I was on a small bed, surrounded by a curtain.  A lady, who I assumed was the school nurse, was leaning over me and dabbing my face with a wet cloth.  Through the gaps in the curtain I could see Rose and Natalie, both laying in beds as well.  Rose looked like she was asleep, but Natalie was sitting up and talking to someone that I couldn't see.

Instantly memories came flooding back.  Naomi helping us escape, my mom showing up, getting strangled, and then being saved...

My eyes opened wider.  Had the Boss really been there, or had I been hallucinating?  My eyes darted around the room, as if he would suddenly appear out of nowhere.  Had he really turned Agent Baxter into stone?  Who was he, Medusa's long lost relative?

The nurse was still dabbing away at my forehead, and I squinted up at her curiously.  I didn't know if she had any idea what was happening, but it was worth a shot.  "Is the Boss back?"  I asked, my voice raspy and hoarse.

She looked down quickly, surprised that I had spoken.  "Why yes he is dear, I'd forgotten how long you've been out.  Wern't you there when he returned?"  She asked, her southern accent booming around the quiet room.

I nodded, still not quite understanding.  "How long have I been asleep for?"  I finally asked.  I was almost afraid to hear the answer.  The nurse gave me a toothy smile.  "Five days."  She announced cheerfully.  "Longest I've seen someone sleep in a while.  You hit that head of yours pretty hard when you fell..."  She trailed off, waiting for my reaction.

Now that she mentioned it, I could feel a slight panging near the back of my head.  I touched it gingerly, and hissed in pain when it burned.  I couldn't believe that I had been out for five days!  I'd probably missed so much!

I glanced back over at Rose and Natalie.  Rose was still asleep, and Natalie was looking at me like she was debating whether to come over or not.  "Are they okay?"  I questioned, nodding towards Rose and Natalie.  The nurse's smile grew wider.  "Yup, nothing but a couple of cuts and bruises.  The Rose girl hit her head pretty hard too, so we put her on some sleeping pills so that she can try and sleep it off."

My shoulders sagged in relief.  I wouldn't know what I would do if something had happened to my friends, and it was my own mother's fault.  I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of the curtain being pulled open.  Natalie walked in, a small smile on her face.  Her lip was split and she had a small cut underneath her left eye, but besides that she seemed fine.