Chapter 42

Hey my wonderful fans!  I've been so busy this week, but now I FINALLY have time to write!!  Yay!  So what did everyone think about the ending of the last chapter?  About who the creepy guy who kidnapped her was *hint hint*  It WAS pretty obvious, but if you didn't pick up on it, hopefully it'll be mostly explained in this chapter :) Oh, and sorry about all the cliffhangers!  I just can't help it!!!

And I'm so jealous of my friends in Indiana!  I used to live in this small town called Zionsville, and you all know how the superbowls in Indy this year?  Well Adam Sandler, Will Smith, Will Ferrell, Ryan Gosling, and TAYLOR LAUTNER are all staying there for the superbowl!!  WHY did I have to move?!?!? D:

So the authors this week are LittleMissShy, teap0ts, spiritwolfe,g AmberRose00, so check out their stories! Sorry if this chapter is a little fast in some parts!

RECAP

Tanner hurried over and helped me up, leading me out of the cell.  He stopped at the ski mask guy and looked down, his face cold and emotionless.

"Sorry about that, Dad."

**********************************************************************************************************

My mouth was gaping wide open, so that I most likely looked like a fish, but at the moment I couldn't care less.  Dad?

I was dying to ask him what the heck was going on, but I was a little afraid to talk to him right now.  His face was seething in anger, and his hands were balled so tightly into fists that his knuckles had turned completely white.

Hesitantly, I asked the second thing I wanted to know most right then.  "Um Tanner, where are we going exactly?"

I was so confused right now I could barely even think straight.  Before, I would have been thrilled that this was happening, thinking that Tanner had gone against his boss and decided to save me. But now that I knew he was his dad, everything had changed.

I never knew what it was like to have a parent, but I knew that you couldn't just betray your father like that, no matter how big of a jerk he was.  So what was Tanner doing right now?

We walked along a large hallway, with tile floor and plain walls, our footsteps echoing loudly. 

After thinking for a while, Tanner finally replied with the last thing I ever would have expected him to say.  "Are you hungry?"

Well, yeah, I had been trapped in  a cell for who knows how long.  Of course I was!  But I reallly didn't think that food was the most important thing to be thinking about right now...

As if he had read my thoughts, Tanner gave me a sideways glance, sadness clear on his face.  "You're not going to be able to escape.  You have to believe me Nikki, I would get you out of here if I could, but it's not possible.  Trust me, I grew up in this place, I know it like the back of my hand.  I also know how tightly it's guarded.  If we try to get out, we'll both get shot.... or worse."

I didn't want to know what that or worse was.  What could possible be worse than getting shot?

"So, are you hungry?"  He asked again, obviously trying to change the subject.  I nodded, my stomach rumbling at just the thought of food.

He led me to a medium sized place that looked like a old timey diner.  It had red bar stools, white polished tables, and checkered walls.  It was really cute.

Actually, this whole building was actually pretty nice, once you got away from that nasty old jail cell.  It was like a miniature mall.  It all looked very normal, except for the fact that instead of stores, there were offices, where men with dark suits and sunglasses sat at computers, planning what was probably the death of many people.