Chapter 17

Bon Giorno (That's Italian :D ) my fans!  Hope you're all doing well :)  Wow, I can't really think of anything to say.. that's a first LOL.. OH I REMEMBER NOW!....

 I was going to say that if you want publicity on your book if it's not getting many reads, tell me in a message, and I can put it on here in my authors note at the beginning of the chapter, and HOPEFULLY you people will read them! 

 Guys, I'll put your book on here, even if it stinks, because I know how much effort it takes to think of all that and type it out and all, and it's not fair if nobody even reads it :'(  So, vote challenge, 15 votes, 10 comments

!  and the cover challenge ends on Sat., so VOOTTEE!  all you have to do is comment on one of my recent chapters, (it'd be best if it was on the one explaining the cover challenge rules) and you put the title of the cover, which is the name of the person who made it (ex. ilovemakingbookcoversforsunshineluver's cover)

Okay, enjoy the chapter!!!!!

**************************************************************************************************

Nikki's P.O.V.

My entire body was shaking with fear as I looked over the side of the helicopter

.  "Well, on the old farm, Bellsburry is always stealin' the hay from Bullseye, see that's how she lost her left eye, Bullseye ain't called Bullseye for nuthin' "  our helicopter driver, Earl,  blabbered on endlessly. 

He'd been doing that for about three hours now, and if I heard one more story about the "old farm", I was seriously going to take some duct tape, and tape Earl's mouth shut.

By their faces, I could tell that my friends were thinking along the same lines as me.  Well, that was at least one good thing about getting off this helicopter- no more Earl.

Because, yes, we were not getting off in the same place as Earl.  In about four hours, Earl would be landing in some nice, cosy airport in Chicago.  We, on the other hand, would be jumping over the edge of the helicopter, while the only thing stopping us from certain death was a flimsy, hundred year old parachute.

Sounds like fun.

Suddenly I heard a loud roaring sound, and I looked over in surprise, to find that the entire side of the helicopter was open. 

Wind blew in, and my hair was flying in all directions wildly.  I struggled to be heard over the deafening, roaring sound, as I screamed at Earl, "SHUT THE DOOR, BEFORE SOMEONE FALLS OUT!"

Earl just chuckled, like this whole situation was hilariously funny to him.  He shook his head, and replied loudly, "No can do!  The door's automatic, so whenever it's time to jump, it opens."

I gulped loudly.  This was it, I was seriously going to have to jump out of a helicopter.

That was one thing I hadn't quite mentioned before- I'm insanely afraid of heights.  So the thought of jumping out of a helicopter that was 300 feet in the air didn't really sound appealing to me!

I saw that Rosie had already started strapping on her parachute.  I watched as she yanked on the buckle one last time, making sure it was secure, before throwing herself over the edge.

I heard a loud popping sound, as she released her parachute, and I saw her floating down, towards the ground that wasn't even visible through all the clouds.

Natalie went next, and then Slink.  I was on the verge of a panic attack by that time, because I knew whose turn it was next...

Mine.

My hands shaking, I picked up the harness, and tried to unbuckle it so that I could strap it on.  I frowned, as I realized that it was so dark in the helicopter that I couldn't even see the harness at all.

I inched towards the open door, hoping that I could get some light, when suddenly a huge gust of wind blew through the door.  I screamed as my parachute was ripped out of my hands, and blown away.

***************************************************************************************************

Tanner's P.O.V.

I had never seen Nikki look so freaked out, as she watched Rose jump out of the helicopter.  Her whole body was shaking, and her eyes were squeezed shut in terror.

I wanted to comfort her, but I didn't know what to say to make her feel better, so I kept my mouth shut.

Slink and Natalie both jumped, and it was Nikki's turn.  She struggled as she messed around with the harness, trying to get it set up. 

For some reason, she started moving closer to the door. 

What was she doing??? Was she crazy???

I was about to open my mouth to tell her to move back, when her entire parachute got ripped out of her hands.

I groaned as I watched it fall towards the ground.  Well, that pretty much ruined the whole mission.

Earl had finally realized what was going on, and he looked surprised as he saw Nikki's ashamed face.

"What's wrong, girlie?  You can still go!"  Earl exclaimed.

"How?  Do you have another parachute?"  Nikki asked, her eyes full of confusion.  Earl shook his head, and held up what looked like a harness, except with no parachute attached.

I watched as he walked over and attached it to my parachute harness.

"The parachute ain't supposed to hold that much weight, but you prob'ly don't weigh more than a 'undred pounds."  he explained, nodding at Nikki, who still looked lost.

"Put the harness on."  I ordered, and even though she looked at me questioningly, she followed my directions.

I strapped the other harness on, that was attached to the parachute.

Nikki's eyes grew wide, as she finally realized what we were doing.  "No way am I going on a parachute with you!  It'll break!  Or my harness will fall off, and I'll fall all the way to the ground!"  she went on and on, trying to convince me that it was a bad idea.

Rolling my eyes, I checked to make sure that both our harnesses were on tight enough.  When I was satisfied, I picked Nikki up, ignoring her screaming and pounding against my back, and jumped over the edge.

*********************************************************************************************************

This chapter was AMAZINGLY fun to write!  I know I say that after every chapter, but I just REALLY love action scenes :D  Oh, and I just wanted to tell you guys that my little brother is trying to write a book :)

  he's only 10, so it's not like the best book in the world, but he's really bummed out that it's not getting any reads :(  It's a mystery suspense/horror book, so if any of you are interested, it'd mean a ton to him if you checked it out, and gave feedback :)  don't feel like you have to though!

His username is flashbolt, and his book is called "The Unexpected Enemy"

Well, that's all I have to say!  Ciao!!!