Chapter 31

Hey!  I'm gonna do the book reccomendations on the next chappie, because I haven't been able to read them all :/  Sorry!!!

Thanks to all you guys who have been commenting!!!  Seriously, you have no idea how happy comments make me!!  I LOVE reading them so much!

LOL.... I don't really know what else to say.... I think this is my shortest authors note ever so...Here's the chapter! :)

RECAP

The others started to run off too, and I hopped around frantically.  "Wait, what about me?  What do I do?"  I was so freaked out that I was almost in tears, and thankfully one of them decided to have mercy on me.

His face softened, and he beckoned me over to the door.  "You can come, if you can keep up."  he said.  I nodded, desperate not to be left alone again in the middle of all the chaos.

"Come on then."  He ran out the door, following the rest of them.  Without a second of hesitation, I took off running as fast as I could, determined to keep up.

**************************************************************************************************

Turns out, keeping up was a lot harder than I had thought.  Those army of guys ran like they could never get tired, and here I was, panting with sweat dripping down my body.

It was actually quite embarrassing.

I don't even know how long we ran for, because I lost track of time.  I kept telling myself that it was just one more step, all I had to do was take one more step, but of course that wasn't true.  My legs were going numb from running for so long, and I was afraid I was going to collapse.

A horrible thought struck me.  What if I fell down right now, and the whole army of people behind me didn't stop running?  What if they just ran right over me and trampled me?

Thinking about that gave me a sudden burst of energy, and I kept running, even faster than before.  We had gotten to a part of the school I hadn't even known existed, and by the dripping of the walls and the horrible smell, it didn't take rocket science to guess that we were far underground.

I squinted and tried to look above everyone's heads to see what was in front of us, when something caught my eye.  It was a small, blinking red light on the wall.  I looked further up, and saw that the red lights were lined up all down the hallway.

Puzzled, I turned to the guy that was running beside me. 

"What's that?"  I asked, pointing to the wall, but he didn't turn to see what I was pointing at.  In fact, he didn't acknowledge me at all.

A different though struck me, and this time I poked the guy's arm to get his attention.  He turned to me, his eyes cold and annoyed.

"Where are we going, anyways?"  I hollered, as loudly as you possibly can after running for who knows how long.

This time he answered me.  His voice was deep and gruff, as he replied stiffly, "The Boss has a planned meeting place for Emergencies such as these.  You're not even supposed to be allowed, but we'll deal with that later."

I nodded, absorbing the information.  Once again, I felt like the Boss somehow knew there was something coming.  I mean, he already had that whole room stocked full of weapons, and now a secret meeting place?  Not to mention this whole little army he has.

I had been so deep in thought that I didn't even notice that we had reached a door.  I ran right into the dude in front of me, who glared angrily at me.

The door was dark, with more weapons rigged up to it than I could count.  It kind of reminded me of the movie Home Alone, where the kid has the house rigged up like it's the freaking pentagon. 

I felt a hand clamped over my eyes, and I instantly started to struggle and try to free myself, when I heard someone typing on a keypad, and realized that they were typing in the password.

There was a beeping sound, and the hand uncovered my eyes as the door swung open.  I looked around the room curiously, a little disappointed.  When the man had said it was a meeting place, I had expected it to be all cool, like in the movies where it's inside a volcano, or has a huge shark tank in the room or something.

This looked like any old room.  There was two couches with beige cushions, and a TV.  The rest of the huge room was completely empty, no furniture at all.  There was doorways to other rooms scattered around, but that was it.

"Jeez, somebody needs a visit from Home Makeover."  I complained, trying to break the tense silence that filled the air.  Nobody answered, everyone was looking around nervously.

Then I spotted something in one of the doorways.  I walked closer, trying to see what it was, and then I realized that it was....... The Boss????

Relief flooded through my body, and a smile appeared on my face.  I could hear the rest of the army flooding into the room behind me, now that the Boss was here and they knew it was safe.

I started running towards him, but he just stood there.  There was a panicked look in his eyes, like he was trying to tell me something, but I couldn't tell what.

"What's going on????  Mr.  Burle was attacked, he's hurt pretty bad...."  I reached the doorway, and then cut off short, gasping in horror.  Now that I was in front of him, I saw that the Boss was tied and gagged.  He started jerking around violently, trying to tell me something, but the gag was in his mouth.

The message was clear enough though- RUN!

I couldn't do it though.  It was like something had taken over me, and I was rooted to the spot.  I was too panicked to move, or even make a sound.

There was a loud crashing sound, and the walls caved in, as creatures swarmed around us.  They were made out of metal, and they had eight legs, like a spider.  Their faces were hideous, like melted wax, and they were twisted into gruesome expressions.

  I broke out of my trance and started running as fast as I could.  The army of superheroes I had ran here with were fighting with the robots, using every different power imaginable, but it wasn't working.  Unlike us, the robots couldn't die.

A robot took aim at me.  The barrel of the gun was huge, bigger than my head, and it was built right into the robot's arm.

I cried out and ducked, throwing myself onto the ground.  The shot missed, and I jumped back up again, sprinting out the door.  I ran down the hallway faster than I'd ever run in my life.  I could still here the sounds of the battle behind me, the shouts of the men as they fought for their lives, the clicking sound the robots made as they walked with their spidery metal legs.

I rounded a corner and flew up the stairs, my feet barely even touching the ground.  By now I could smell fresh air.  I strained my eyes, and almost cried out in relief when I was a door in at the end of the hallway.  It had been ripped off its hinges, and I could see the starry night outside. 

Suddenly, I noticed that the red lights on the wall from before were blinking really fast.  A loud buzzing sound was starting to fill the air.  I ran even faster, desperate to get to the exit.  It was so close, I was almost there...

The door was only feet away.  I stumbled outside, gasping for air and not even noticing the tears that were streaming down my dirt covered face.

My friends and all the other students were gathered around me, and I could see some worried looking teachers giving orders to everyone.

I collapsed onto the ground, crying.

That was when the school exploded right in front of my eyes.

************************************************************************************************************

I know it's confusing, but it'll be explained in the next chapter!