Chapter 16

Zdravstvuite!  (that means hello in Russian!  wouldn't it stink to have to say all THAT instead of just 'hi'?) 

Do, here's what happened recently!  I was just sitting on my couch, skyping with one of my best friends in the world, mlemirrors (no, I'm not saying her real name, just in case any of you are crazed stalkers!)  and we had the most genius idea ever for a sequel. 

 I'm talking the best idea in the history of mankind!  It's that amazing!  And no, sorry but it doesn't really have much to do with this chapter!  I mean maybe in the long run.. but anyway, get ready for a surprise at the end of the book!  Maybe a good surprise, or MAYBE a bad one! 

So there's probably going to be a sequel, just lettin yah know!

  BTW books not over yet, don't you guys go get ideas in your head that this is like one of the last chapters!  Also, please read mlemirrors's books, I really recommend them, because she's an amazingly talented writer, trust me!

  And don't forget to read cheergirl18 and pie_lover's books, they're awesome too!

sooo, on with the chapter!  and this chapter is really important in the book, so read it carefully!

PS, I know Tanner and Trevor wern't really in the last chapter, sorry about that...

**************************************************************************************************

Nikki's P.O.V.

I was sitting in the cafeteria, enjoying a perfectly good plate of macaroni and cheese, when I heard the voice on the intercom.

"Rose Keylih, Slink Mullins, Natalie Frost, Tanner Sandler, and Nikki Star please report to my office immediately."

I nearly choked on my macaroni out of shock.  What did I do?

I glanced sideways, and was a little relieved to see that, judging by their expressions, Natalie, Slink, and Rose had no idea what was going on either.  Well, at least I wasn't the only one totally lost about all this.

Shrugging my shoulder, I stood up, and I heard the scuffling of chairs as my friends stood up and followed me.  It didn't take us long to reach the Boss's office- it's pretty close to the cafeteria- but the whole walk there was in awkward silence.  Each of us was trying to figure out what we did wrong.

When I reached the door that had become a little bit too familiar to me lately, I pulled and walked in to the Boss's office.

I saw that someone was already sitting in one of what the Boss called his "student" chairs,  and I was a little surprised.  Who else was in here...

The person turned, and I found myself looking right into Tanner's face.  What was he- wait... now that I thought about it, I remembered the Boss called his name, too.  I guess I was just too caught up in my own thoughts at the time to think about it.

Plus, I was still a little shaken up over the D.S. incident from last night...

I felt warm breath tickling my cheeks, and I suddenly realized just how close we were.  Tanner's eyes were dancing in amusement, as I jumped back, shocked.  I felt a blush creeping across my cheeks, and I ducked my head so that Tanner wouldn't be able to see how embarrassed I was.

Gosh, what was up with me lately around Tanner?

Trying to make my voice sound strong, I asked the Boss, "What's up?"

The Boss had a concerned look on his face, and I could tell that he was struggling to find the right words to say.  Finally, he took a deep breath, looked at me, and began,