Chapter 2

"Okay, stay calm."  I told myself, but inside, I was freaking out.  Who wouldn't be?  I was on FIRE!!

I raised my hand up, and looked at it.  The burning sensation had stopped, and now I just felt a strange coolness running through my veins.  That meant that the fire wasn't real, because if it was, I'd be burning up.

Just to test it, I reached out, and grabbed onto a towel.  I gasped in horror, as it bust into flames.  The Chanels were going to kill me for ruining their towel!!

I quickly stuck it under the sink, and breathed a sigh of relief as the fire died down, then went out completly.  Well, at least I wasn't going to burn the whole house down!

Hopefully...

I concentrated, and slowly, I felt the fire surrounding me die out.  I collapsed onto the ground in the bathroom, not believing what had happened to me.

Timidly, afraid that I would burst totally into flames again, I raised a finger up, and willed the fire to come.  Right away, a small flame, like one on a match, appeared on my finger.  I stared at it, and closed my hand around it, still not feeling anything.

I peeked into my closed fist, and saw that the fire was still there.

Suddenly, I heard a loud banging on the bathroom door.

"How dare you talk to Trey!  He's MINE!"  I heard Tess ranting on the other side of the door, and panicking, I blew the fire in my hand out.  There was no way in the whole world I'd ever, ever let Tess figure out what I could do.

She'd call me a freak, then send me to some labratory so that people could experiment on me.  Last time she knew one of my secrets, it didn't turn out so well.  Not this time, Tess.

Warily, I got to my feet, and slowly opened the door.

"What were you doing in there?"  she immediatly demanded, seeing my guilty expression.

"Umm, I was brushing my teeth."  I answered, but it came out sounding more like a question than a statement.

She looked ready to question me, but then remembered that she was here for a different reason.  "If I ever see you talking to him again, I will order the maids to stop giving you your meals for a month!"  she shrieked, and was about to continue threatning me, when I held up my hand for her to stop talking.

"Look, I'm not even interested in Trey."  I explained.  She didn't look like she believed me fully, but she finally snapped, "Well...that's good!  Keep it that way, or else..."

I rolled my eyes, and walked past her, towards the room I was staying in.  I flopped down into bed, and as soon as I was under the covers, I looked down at my fists, and I saw that they were glowing in the darkness. Well, that could get a little wierd....

I shut my eyes, and tried to sleep, but I couldn't, not with all the questions running through my head.

How did I get this power?  And most importantly, how would I hide it?

***********************************************************************************************

I woke up, still tired.  I had only gotten a few hours of sleep last night.  I went through my daily routine, still only half awake.  Something big had happened to me yesterday, but my sleepy mind couldn't remember what it was.

I stumbled downstairs, and sat down.  I reached down for my glass, and I was taking a sip of water, when I saw a that the glass was glowing.  Curiously, I looked down, and saw that my hand was on fire, lighting the glass up, and slowly melting it.