Chapter 9

Okay, guess what!  MY BOOK IS #134 ON WHATS HOT!! and it's #31 in teen fiction, and #7 in adventure!!!  YAY!!! thank you guys so much!!!!!!!!!!!! so here is your chapter, you wonderful people :) you all deserve it!

****************************************************************************************************

Tanner's P.O.V.

The sirens continued to blare, and Ms. Mauricia shouted to be heard over the crowd.  "Follow me!"  she ordered, and we chased after her as she sprinted down the hallway.

The voice on the intercom had said that we'd needed to go to our "Emergency Area"  but none of us knew what the heck that was.  Normally, I wouldn't be bothered by this, because a ton of weird stuff like this happened at our school, but that was before I'd seen the terrified look on my teacher's face.

Now, let me tell you a little something about Ms. Mauricia.  She doesn't get scared.  Seriously, she's like an emotionless rock.  I knew it would take a LOT to freak her out like that.

The rest of the class seemed to realize that too, by the looks on thier faces.  Even Nikki looked scared, and Nikki didn't really seem like the type of person who got scared easily, that's for sure.

Nikki P.O.V.

Ok, I was freaking out!  I didn't know what was going on, and it didn't look like anyone else did either!  And Ms. Mauricia looked panicked! 

We had been running after out teacher for minutes now, and she didn't look like she was about to stop anytime soon.  I felt myself starting to slow down out of exhaustion, and I tried as hard as I could to keep running.

It wasn't like I wasn't fit or anything, but really, you try running as fast as you could for five minutes, and then tell me how it feels!

I looked ahead, and saw that we were in what most of the students here called "The hallway of eternity", and it seemed like a perfect name for it right now, because the hallway seemed to go on and on.  I couldn't even see the ending!

I felt myself starting to slow down again, and once again I tried to speed back up, but this time it didnt' work so well.

I tripped, and then I felt a searing pain in my ankle.  I looked down, and... uh oh!  Was it supposed to bend that way?

Ms. Mauricia didn't even turn around to help me up, she just kept on running, leaving me behind.  Wow, some teacher!

Suddenly, I felt hands on both of my arms, and I looked up, and saw Tanner and Slink pulling me to my feet.

"Can you walk?"  Slink shouted to be heard over the roar of the crowd, and his eyes landed on my ankle.  His eyes popped out, and he announced "You're not walking!"

He and Tanner looked at eachother for a second, and then they both linked their arms around me on either side, and lifted me into the air.

"Hey!  Put me down!"  I protested, but they ignored me, and started to run down the hallway, after our class.

We finally caught up to everyone else, and they kept running.  Wow, this was humiliating, I almost pass out just running with the rest of the class, but they could both catch up to the class from like a hundred feet behind, all while carrying me!

And they wern't even sweating!

Ms. Mauricia finally stopped, and I saw that there was a door in front of her.  She turned the nob, and led us into a large room that was in the shape of a dome.

I couldn't help but gasp as I looked around.  The room had to have more weapons than the Pentagon!  There was also computers everywhere, that were blinking and buzzing.

I looked at Tanner and Slink, who had finally put me down, and asked "Did you guys know about this place?"

They shook their heads, and their eyes were wide as they gazed around.  Then, Slink said the very thing I'd been thinking ever since we got in here.

"It looks like they're preparing for an attack."

*******************************************************************************************************

Sorry it's so short!!  Ok, same thing as last time- 10 votes and 5 comments!