Chapter 21

atswhay upay?  (Pig Latin, or at least I tried my best to make it Pigs Latin :D)  so a lot of people said I should do the Watty Awards, so I think I'm gonna give it a shot :)  The only problem is that I have to replace one of my categories :p  (teen fiction and adventure). 

I love both those categories, but I know I have to choose one, so which one do you guys think suits the story best?  Or gets the most views?

I won't be able to write for a couple of days, because my friends from Indiana are coming (actually they're already here), and I won't be getting any free time (literally.  I barely have time to brush my hair! But I love them all to pieces anyways :D)

So it's not my fault if I don't write for a couple days!!  And I just want to warn you guys, starting next Sunday I won't be able to write for a whole WEEK! I'm going to my uncles lakehouse at an island right above Chicago, next to Canada, which takes 3 DAYS!!! of traveling, then I stay for 4 days, and then it takes 3 days to get back!  So that's 10 days of no writing!!! D:

Okay, enough about my boring life!!  Have fun reading!

**********************************************************************************************

 RECAP

His forehead wrinkled as he thought, and he said, "Ohh, so hard to recall exactly what she said... ah yes, I remember now.  She was talking about the robots."

*****************************************************************************************************

My mouth was hanging open.  There was the whole robot thing again! 

"Robots?"  I asked, confusion clear in my voice.  Mr. Jones didn't seem to know anything about it though, as he shrugged, and said, "That's just what she said, sweetie.  I don't know any more than you do about it."

I felt my shoulders slump in disappointment, but I tried to hide it, saying, "Well, that's okay.  Thank you for your time."

Mr. Jones smiled and shook my hand.  "I'm glad to help you.  You seem like a nice group of people.  I only wish you wouldn' t get caught up in all of this robot nonsense.  That's what Sally did, and... well, look how that turned out."

I nodded sadly, feeling a little guilty now about coming to his house and questioning him about his dead daughter, but I knew that it had to be done.

With a final smile at Mr. Jones, and a nod at Mrs. Jones (who was still glaring at me like she wished she could shoot lasers at me out of her eyes),  I stepped up to the door.

My group followed me, and I reached down and turned the knob, only to be blinded by a bright light the second the door swung open. 

I shielded my eyes and automatically took a step back, blinking in surprise.  The whole yard was filled with armed men covered head to toe in black clothing.  The yard was filled with bright lights..

And all the guns were aimed right at us.

I slowly walked back into the house, trying to be casual, and then I quickly slammed the door.  I turned around and saw that the rest of my team looked panicked, not sure of what to do.

"Guys, we need a plan!"  I whispered quickly.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious."  Tanner snapped sarcastically, and I glared at him.

"You're very welcome, Sergent Sarcasm."  I shot back.

"Guys, seriously?  You're fighting at a time like THIS?"  Natalie asked in disbelief.  Immediately fought the urge to keep insulting Tanner, but I kept glaring at him.