Chappter 27

Hi guys!  Sorry, I know I've been AWFUL about uploading :/ school started this week (dangit!) and this weekend we drove down to Kansas City again for my grandma's birthday.  Okay, so I got like a zillion book recommendations lately, and I promise I'm still gonna read them!  I just can't recommend them on this chappie, because with everything going on lately, I haven't had a chance to read most of them, so if I've randomly stopped commenting on your book or something, it's not that I don't like it anymore (I still haven't lost interest in a single one of them!  I promise!)  It's just that I haven't had a chance to read lately.

Oh, and I need to say that even though Damian hasn't been mentioned in FOREVER, he's still in the story!  So sorry to all you Damian/Trevor haters out there (I'm kinda a Damian hater myself....), but he's not gone yet!

Well, on with the chapter!!

**********************************************************************************************************

I gawked as I looked at the giant building in front of me.  It was beautiful, with white and light blue bricks framing it, and a sparkling glass dome on top.  The whole building was surrounded by a garden, full of bright, red roses.

But I didn't let it's appearance fool me.  I knew that some of the stuff that went on in that place was far from beautiful, because for those of you who haven't guessed, I was standing in front of the CIA headquarters.

Trying to ignore the odd stared that the well dressed people going in and out of the building were giving us, I walked forwards with as much confidence as I could. 

The Boss had told us our directions less than an hour ago- we were supposed to walk in, attracting as little attention as possible, and wait on the second bench to the right until an agent in a blue tuxedo told us where to go from there.

I pushed open the heavy glass doors, and immediately my eyes scanned over the room, taking in all the details.  The floor was made from marble, just like about everything else in there.  Marble columns, marble statues- you name it, they had it in marble.

I spotted the bench that the Boss had told me about, and I hurried over to it.  I sat down on the edge, and the rest of my group sat down with me, as we waited in silence.

Not knowing what else to do to pass the time, I studied the people walking past us.  They all looked different, but there was two things that were the same about every one of them.

They all wore dark black suits that didn't have one wrinkle in them, and they all had cold, unreadable looks in their eyes.  I couldn't help but shiver at the stares they were giving us, like they could read our minds.

I shifted around in my seat, starting to get a little creeped out.  I hoped that the agent the Boss sent hurried up....

As if on cue, I saw someone walking towards us that definatly didn't fit in with the rest.

He looked like your average tough guy that nobody wanted to get in a fight with.  He had dark skin, and his sleeves bulged with muscles that I'd bet big money were bigger than my head.  His eyes were a little startling- they were pitch black, and even though that sounds intemidating, I still saw a twinkle in them that let me know he had a good sense of humor.

The most hilarious thing about this was, he was wearing a bright, baby blue tuxedo.

He cleared his throat, and stuck his hand out to shake.   "Hello, my name is Hugo."  he said in a deep, rumbling voice.  I bit my lip to keep from giggling about his choice of suits, and shook his outstretched hand.   He motioned for us to stand up, and without saying a word, we followed him.