Chapter Forty Five

- Josh's POV -

I just sat there, speechless. Watching her get paler and colder at every minute that went past. My heart was being ripped to shreds inside my chest, I've never felt this scared.

Since..

~ flash back ~

"It's a beautiful day!" Mum said as we unpacked the car. I lifted the three deck chairs, Mike had the buckets and spades, Katie had the football and mum had the picnic.

"Mummy can I get ice cream?" Katie shouted, mum rolled her eyes.

"Mike can you take her to the ice cream van? I'll find us a good spot on the beach" Mum said, Mike nodded and took some money from her purse which she handed over to him.

I looked back at Mike and Katie walking off into the ice cream shop, I smiled. I looked back at mum, and she was gone.

"Mum?" I said, I looked into the car and around the car, across the road, everywhere.. But she was gone.

"Mum!!" I shouted, people were staring at me with a horrific look on their face, I was so confused.

I ran to the ice cream shop where Mike and Katie where.

"MUM IS GONE!" I screamed, Mike looked at me with wide eyes. He lifted Katie and we ran back outside. Suddenly police cars came flying past.

"Where is she!" I screamed.

"Janet!!?" Mike shouted, Katie began to cry. Where was she?! What happened?!?

A week later we got a call at the door, it was the police. They said that she was abducted.. And killed.

They found her body behind a building a few towns over from where the beach was.

Then I realised, if I didn't look away from her, she would be here right now. My mother was killed, and it's all my fault.

I had the closest bond with her, she was the only person I could depend on.. And now.

Here I am again.

With the most important person in my life, dying in my arms.

~

"I'm not gonna look away.." I whispered with my eyes closed.

"H-huh?" Amber whispered, her voice was beginning to shake. Her face was completely white. I kissed her forehead.

"What're you doing" She said looking up at me, I sighed.

"I'm sorry Amber, I'm sorry I can't protect you anymore" I said, she rolled her eyes.

"I'm always going to be with you Josh"

"But I need you, here. With me" I said bursting into tears again, I'm so pathetic.

"How can I stop this.." I said, she looked down.

"Magic.."