Chapter Thirty Eight

- Josh's POV -

I got to the edge of the staircase, my foot crumbling at each step. I couldn't help but make the weirdest facial expressions as I tried to limp down the steps, in so much pain.

Suddenly, I heard foot steps coming up the stairs. The staircase went down five steps then turned left, so I have no idea if this person was coming upstairs.

I sprinted up the stairs again and hid behind the wall, right beside the stairs. I waited for a moment, the foot steps went silent.. I could tell someone was there. I held my breath and brought my legs to my chest, trying to form into the smallest shape I could.

"Hhmm" I heard mumble from above me, I looked up slowly and saw a security guard examining the place I was hiding in. Thankfully he didn't see me, he walked down the corridor.

I got up quickly and rushed down the stairs, praying to god there wouldn't be anymore at the bottom. And thankfully there wasn't.

I was on the third floor now, and without hesitation I ran down the other flight of stairs. But to be suddenly greeted by four guards, I hid behind the wall.

How the hell am I going to get to her?

What are they doing to her?

I'm so scared..

"We have a situation at the main doors, we need some assistance" the huge microphone said, the guards at the bottom of the stairs ran the opposite direction. Thank you situation!

I limped down the stairs, standing before me was a huge door. There were windows around the sides of the room.. I ducked under them and peeked in.

My heart dropped..