Chapter Twenty Nine

- Josh's POV -

I was awoke early in the morning by the sound of people shouting and screaming. I jumped up forgetting about my injured leg, then fell to the floor.

"Josh you alright?" Mike said as he ran into my room and helped me up.

"Yes I'm fine, what's all the noise?" I said looking at him, he shrugged and walked out going back to bed.

It was 6am and no one should be outside at this time, I limped over to my window and looked out.

There were around 20 men holding weapons such as huge knives and guns surrounding Ambers house.. No!

"MIKE" I screamed in fear, he came in quickly.

"What's wrong Josh?!" He said approaching me, I pointed out the window.

"Oh don't worry they're taking her awa-"

"I DONT WANT HER TO BE TAKEN AWAY SHE IS MY BEST FRIEND!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, he looked at me in disgust.

"Best friend?.. Why would you be best friends with someone who is trying to kill you?"

"You don't understand.." I said under my breath limping out of the room. He grabbed me.

"No! You're not going over there" he said, I pulled away.

"YOU DONT UNDERSTAND"

"Shut up!! You'll wake up your sister!" He said raising his voice, he forced me into my room and locked it from the outside, but I had a plan.

I opened my window and began to climb on my cupboard reaching my hands out to the window cil. I was trying not to put any weight on my injured leg, but it was hard not too.

The men were about to attack Ambers house but she probably had no idea, I had to stop this.

In the distance I seen Rose standing with a man in a suit, she had a smirk spread across her face as she watched the men getting ready to attack.

Suddenly I caught her eye as I climbed on to the roof.

"Josh! what the hell are you doing!"

Her screaming caught the attention of everyone on the ground and they looked up at me, I'm not listening to them.

"Young man don't go near that house!!" Someone shouted from below.

I looked up at Ambers window, I seen her standing at the other end of her room, she seen me.

The fear on her face was incredible, I've never seen that much fear before. She shook her head as if to say "please stay away". I could tell.

I reached my arm out as I got to her window, she looked away.

"Josh!!" Rose screamed again, her father was knocking on my door trying to get Mikes attention.

Suddenly the men entered the house, they screamed as each one ran in the front door after the other, Amber began to cry. I was banging on her window begging her to let me in but she refused.

She walked off, picked up a note book and began to write. Then she turned it around to show me what she wrote..

"I'm sorry"

She raised her hands to the sky, thunder crashed towards the ground almost knocking me off the house.

Amber.. What are you doing to me!?