Chapter Eighteen

- Josh's POV -

It began to get dark as we both hung out the window looking over at the deadly house, Ambers hair gracefully blowing in my face making it hard for me to breathe. She was thinking hard about something.

"Ok, I have an idea" she blurted out without any discussion, suddenly she stood up and began to climb out the window.

"Amber no!!" I tried to grab her but she was already on top of the roof, she laughed and peeked down at me.

"Amber this is too dangerous please come down!!" I shouted up at her.

"Please, it's fine!"

I shook my head and done the worst thing I could think of.. What was that you say? Well, it was climbing on the roof too get her.

"Josh no!!" She shouted, I struggled to get up.

"If you can come up here so can I" I said cheekily while out of breath, she rolled her eyes and looked out into the beach, her eyes twinkled in the moon light.

"It's beautiful up here.." She said slowly, I looked at the waves crashing among the shore; so relaxing.

"Ok, time to get my book" she said slowly standing up, I stood up quickly.. Forgetting where I was. I suddenly slipped and fell towards the edge, I grabbed onto the pipes, Amber screamed.

"Josh!! Hold on!!" She said while sliding down to get me.

"No! Amber don't come over here you could fall off" I shouted back to her, but she ignored. She held out her hand to me, I looked up at her.

"Take my hand" she whispered in fear.. I slowly moved my hand from the pipe to her. She tried to pull me up but it was no use.

"I don't know what to do" she said quickly, her voice was shaking. My arms were getting tired, but I didn't wanna look down.

"Amber let go off my arm" I said. She looked at me.

"Why?.."

"I'm going to try and get up" I said looking at her, she tilted her head.

"No, I'm never letting go.." She said trying to pull me up again.

"Amber why are you crying, I'm fine" I said widening my eyes at the tears rolling down her cheeks.

"What if you fall, I'm too weak and I can't help" she said quickly. Suddenly there was a bang at a window, it was Ambers bedroom.

"Mother.." She said quietly. Shit.

The window flew open and there stood the woman who tried to strangle me.

"Ah Amber, finally using your powers to kill this twit?" She shouted from the window to the roof of my home.

"No!! He's my friend!" She screamed back.

"Not if I have something to do with it!" She shouted again. She started to throw things at me so I would loose my grip and fall off the house.

"Stop mum!!" Amber screamed. She lifted a glass cup and threw it, I seen it coming towards my face but then flying in the opposite direction.

"Amber stop going against your mother we are a team!!" She shouted, Amber was covered in tears.

"Josh is more family to me than you've ever been!" Amber said standing up, still not letting go off my hand, she began to pull me up again while keeping her eyes on her mother.

"Almost there" I said quietly, I was finally on the roof again.

"Amber, we're never gonna get you away from her" I whispered, she sighed.

"I have another idea"