Chapter Nineteen

- Josh's POV -

After hours of trying to get away from Ambers mum, we finally did it. Safe in my room, I locked the window and closed the curtains.

"We are never doing that again" Amber said while pacing up and down.

"Are you kidding?! I almost died and now your mum knows you're here!" I shouted, Amber stopped and looked at me in shock.

"Oh no oh no oh no. This is all my fault I'm sorry" She said putting her hands over her face, I sighed loudly.

"She's going to kill me!!" I shouted again, I was in so much stress.

"Listen, she won't kill you. I won't let her! You're the only thing I have Josh.." She answered quickly, it felt like my heart was lifted by something for a moment. I don't know why.. I just had a really nice feeling.

"Oh.. Ok" I said walking out of my room, Amber ran after me.

"Josh wait!" I turned around in fear.

"Why are you out of the room get in!!" I whispered loudly, her face went blank and she closed the door behind her, I sighed while stomping down the stairs.

"You look stressed, what's up?" Mike said leaning over the sofa, I sat down and shrugged.

"Nothi-" suddenly the door knocked, I threw myself on the floor in fear.

"Wow Josh, calm down it's just the front door" Mike laughed while going to the door. I ran upstairs.

"I think your mum is at the door!!" I shouted when I got into my bedroom, but no one was there.

"A-Amber?.."

She was gone.

I ran into my little sisters room and Mikes.. She wasn't there either. Where was she?!?

My window was still locked so I know she didn't go out on to the roof again..

Suddenly I heard someone shout, I snook out of my room and peaked down the long stairs.

"My daughter is here I know she is!" The voice shouted, oh no..

"I have no idea what you are talking about miss, I don't even know who your daughter is" Mike answered back, suddenly I heard the 'clip clop' of her shoes enter my home, I ran to my bedroom and hid behind the door.. Amber.. where are you!?

"I will find her!" She shouted while running upstairs.

"Miss you can't just walk into my house like that!!" Mike was beginning to get angry.

"When you steal my daughter? I can do what I want" she said with cheek. My door suddenly flew open, silence filled the air as she slowly stepped in. I pushed myself against the wall trying not to breathe heavily, Mike entered.

"You have no right to be here!!" He screamed.

"I'm calling the police" he said grabbing his phone and walking out, she snickered. I shivered in fear, this woman is going to kill me.

Then I felt safe.. which was odd because my death was near, I felt a presence I've never felt before. I turned my head slowly to see Amber pressed against the wall beside me. I opened my mouth to shout but she covered it with her hand, telling me not to speak.

"Maybe they're not in here.." Ambers mum said leaving my room, Mike came stomping up the stairs.

"She's in here officers" He said walking past my bedroom with a few other people. We heard Ambers mum shouting as they trailed her out of my house. I closed my bed room door.

"Where the hell did you go Amber! I was so scared!!" I said jumping away from the wall.

"I learnt a new power" she said smiling, I tilted my head. Suddenly she disappeared I laughed.

"Wow that's so cool"

"You were really worried about me?" She said while reappearing, I nodded.

"Of course, there's no one else here to protect me!" I answered, she looked down and smiled.

"I seen it the other way around to be honest"

"What do you mean??"

"I see it as you protecting me" She said quietly with a smile, I scratched the back of my neck and shrugged.

"Well.. I am a protective person" I said jokingly, she smiled and pushed me playfully.