Chapter Five

- Josh's POV -

"Josh?.. Josh wake up!"

I opened my eyes slowly to see Mike standing over me, I jumped up and realised where I was.. I fell asleep in the living room.

"Uh..sorry" I said rubbing my head.. What happened last night?

"It's fine, I'll make breakfast?" Mike said walking into the kitchen. That's right! The creepy girl was doing something!!

I ran to the window and looked out, her body was gone.. I ran up to my bedroom and got changed, then went out into the front garden.

The street was in silence.. Nothing was moving except the waves crashing onto the shore. I stretched and tried not too look over at the new neighbours house.. What if she's watching me again?

I quickly turned around and looked over at their home, the curtains were closed.. Everything was still and lifeless. I scratched my head, something feels weird about today.

- Ambers POV -

I jumped up quickly trying to bring my thoughts together, my hands were tied together with rope and I was inside the cupboard in my bedroom.

"Mum!!?" I screamed, I heard someone walking up the stairs.

"A-Amber.. Are you back to normal?" She said standing outside the cupboard.

"What are you talking about!?" I shouted back at her. She opened the door to reveal her face. The bottom of her mouth was bruised, and she had a black eye.

"W-what happened to you!?" I said as she un-tied me.

"You happened"

"Oh my god mum I'm sorry, you know I didn't mean it.. I couldn't control it" I said putting my hands together as if I was praying, she turned away.

"I can't do this anymore Amber. I'm fed up of trying to protect you" she continued.

"You don't protect me, you make me worse.. You don't care. Only when I'm in that state you seem to obey what I say" I said standing up straight.

"I'm going on a walk, don't follow me" she said leaving my room. I sat down on the wooden floor and crossed my legs. Why me?.. I can't remember anything that happened.

- Josh's POV -

I seen the older woman leaving the house, her face was.. Pretty messed up. I stared at her as she rushed down the pathway and turned the corner.. Maybe that girl is alone in their house now..

I felt afraid, what if she tries to hurt me?

I stood up from the grass patch I was sitting on and went into our house, and up to my bedroom. Closing the door behind me I fell onto my bed, thinking about everything I saw last night.

Suddenly I heard a voice.. It was coming from next door.. It sounded like someone was singing. I put my head up to the wall to listen..

"Have you lost the same things I have lost?

Do you know the panic I know?

Would I see the terror in your face?

Do you know that fever I know?"

The voice was beautiful and calming, I started to hum the tune she was singing.. Then I realised, it was that girl.