Chapter Forty

- Josh's POV -

The room began to flash red, and suddenly we were surrounded by men.

"Step away from the girl!!" One of them screamed, I stepped back.

"Just get him!" Another screamed, they began to run into the room.. Until.

The door froze shut, I turned around to see Amber sitting up on the glass case.

"Amber!!" I screamed, she hugged me.

"Why're you here?! They're going to kill you Josh" She said quickly, the security were trying to kick the frozen door down.

"I couldn't let them hurt you Amber, you're my best friend" I said, she smiled helplessly.

"Please let me help you" I said, she looked down.

"Let's get out of here" Amber said, I've never felt so happy. But then I realised I could die any moment.

"Kill the kid!" Someone shouted. A bullet came flying through the glass window, Amber lifted her hand to the air and it hit the ceiling.

"How are we going to get out of here!!" I screamed, my foot began to ache again and I fell to the floor.

- Amber's POV -

"Are you okay?!" I said dropping to the floor beside him, i didn't care that there was millions of people waiting to kill me..

"I wrecked my foot pretty bad.." He said, without asking I took off his shoe, he shouted at me because it hurt so much.

"I know what I'm doing" I said quietly, he watched. His foot was covered in blood, and it was swelling really badly.

"I think it's broken" He said sadly.

"Heal heal heal" I whispered, it reminded me of the first time Josh found out about me.. When mum was trying to attack us and I was protecting him.

After a few minutes his foot was perfectly fine.

"Thank you" He said.

"Now it's time to get out of here.."

"Too right it is!" I shouted, I grabbed Josh's hand and got ready.

"What're we going to do?!" Josh shouted.

"Just follow me, okay?!?" I said looking back at him, he nodded quickly.

With my free hand, I forcefully raised it to the frozen door. It exploded open and injured some of the security, I made a run for the stairs.

"Stop them!!" Someone screamed, no one is going to hurt Josh on my watch.