Chapter Forty Two

- Amber's POV -

I don't think I've ever felt this powerful, but everything I wanted my powers to do.. They did.

"How're we gonna get down?!" Josh shouted, suddenly a police helicopter was trying to land on the roof of the building we were standing on.

"Follow me!" I shouted, I lifted my hand, but mainly my index finger.

The trees at the edge of the building began to move, the branches and leaves came towards me and made a perfect path for me and Josh to get to the ground. The people around us were speechless.

"Come on!" I screamed, we ran beside each other trying to not let one of us fall behind.

As soon as we got to the ground the trees went back to normal.

"Where are we going to go?!" I shouted while running for my life, Josh didn't answer he just took my hand again and ran faster.

We were running down the empty country roads, at one point I thought we had lost them. Until a huge police van came zooming down the road.

"I'm definitely gonna loose weight after this!" He shouted, I laughed.

"A police van!" I shouted as I looked back, Josh gasped. I had no idea what to do. They were obviously going to catch two teenagers running.

I closed my eyes while running, and thought really hard, my mind started to wander into it's darkest places. Trying to find a power I've never used before. My eyes shot open, we were still running.

Suddenly I began to float, but in the speed Josh was running in.

"What the hell Amber!!" Josh shouted, I grabbed his arms and he began to fly with me too.

"Woah!" He shouted, the police car stopped under us as we began to get higher. They evacuated from the van and pointed their guns towards us.

I threw Josh up slightly and pushed my hands out to create the bubble around us, it was still flying up into the sky.

"They're gonna shoot!" Josh shouted.

"It's bulletproof" I muttered, he laughed.

There were police men, security men.. Everything after us. But in that moment, everything was perfect.. I was with my best friend.

But I spoke too soon.