Chapter Seventeen

- Josh's POV -

It's hard to take in that someone I know has special powers, I don't know what to call her. Is she a human? A fairy? I have no idea.

"How are you going to get into your house to get the book?" I asked looking across the room at her.

"Stop worrying Josh, I know what I'm doing" She answered with a grin across her face, I nodded and looked down at my book again.

"Why do you like reading so much?.." She questioned while walking over to where I was sitting, I looked up.

"Reading takes you away from the problems of reality, for a while" I said smiling wide, she giggled.

"I should probably read then sometime" she said happily, I smiled and nodded.

"You should"

"Josh? Who're you talking too?" A voice shouted at the door, Amber looked at me in fear. I pointed to the cupboard and she quickly climbed into it and hiding under some clothes.

"The books.." I answered, the door started to shake.

"Open the door!"

I got up off my bed and unlocked the door, Mike was looking down on me.

"Why was this locked?" He said in concern, I shrugged.

"Just wanted to read in silence.." I answered quietly, he nodded and walked off. I slammed the door and slumped onto the floor. Amber jumped out of the cupboard and sat down beside me.

"Are you angry?!" She said worryingly. I looked up at her.

"No? Why would you think that.." I said. She looked around.

"He seemed angry that your door was locked" she shrugged and lifted her hand.

"What're you doing?" I said moving away, she smirked.

Suddenly a book from my top shelf floated over to us, she caught it with both hands.

"I want to read" she said while laughing, I got up and lifted my book; going to sit beside her again.

- Ambers POV -

Night was falling upon us, I knew it was time to get the book.

"Please tell me what you're going to do, I'm scared that she'll see you.." Josh said pouting, I rolled my eyes.

"You'll see" I said. I hugged him quickly and pulled away while walking to the window.. He smelt nice.

"You're going out the window?!" He said rushing over. I nodded.

"Watch" I opened his bedroom window wide and stuck my head out of it, then looking left at my home. I could see my bedroom window from here, I used my powers to open the window slowly without making any noise, Josh was intrigued.

"How are you gonna get the book now? It's across the wall way isn't it?" I nodded at him. But I had an idea.

"At midnight is when I will be possessed and I'll walk to the beach, so maybe I can fight it and make myself go into the house? He looked really confused..

"You'll see"